Looking for mechanic

irbgeorge

Greetings all Fiat Lovers!

I have a 78' X 1/9 and I am looking for a mechanic in the Tampa area, preferrably in the Pinellas County area.

Any help steering me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

George
irbgeorge*gmail.com:help:

Well George... good luck finding one...

Most of us here do our own work or help each other out. We come cheap just by waving a Pizza and a 6 pack of Diet Coke. If you do find a knowledgeable mechanic, he's gonna cost much more than a Pizza and Coke so be prepared.

I just had a long conversation with a friend about X1/9 ownership and basically stated that if you don't ENJOY working on these old cars 2 hours for every 1 hour driven, ya better git yurself a Honda Civic.

If ya "wholesale" the car and do a complete restoration you will then probably get about 15 years of regular maintenance before ya even need to change the pads or clutch. Most of try to make improvements and also don't drive them enough to keep the seals moist and the like.

Lastly, and I shoulda said this first... WE HERE can get ya to fix anything. WE HERE have the expertise on every aspect of this car from folks all around this planet as well as a few others.

Sit yurself down and make a list, then place them in a WANT and a NEED category, THEN prioritize them and post a few at a time here. Best to keep them to ONE subject also like "Electrical issues, headlights and radio." Then then the Nerds will come to your aid and the engine experts won't bother you.

HTH... and welcome to the "Dark Side".

nerds??

what about the losers here that have expertise in both??
your 20.00 is in the mail......when will see my moxie!!!!

HA
mikemo

Hey Mikemo... I miss ya...

Both the wife and I and this "new house" are having plenty of "issues".

More to come... and I could use some of that old "original" Moxie right now myself!

miss you 2

I am sure the issues will work themselves out or you will adapt and overcome them.
the MOXIE should be here any day now and one will be on it's way to you soon......if you pay me the 20.00 you owe ME:devil:

HA
mikemo

Back