82 X1/9 Carpet istalation

Stoney#1

Stoney
Just received my new carpet from MWB. Any good suggestions and tips on installing before I start, and goof it up?

It was my experience that lining up the center line exactly on the console had the entire carpet shifted to the left about .75"
That made it BARELY coverable by trim on the left and had to trim on the right.
I also used nylon thread to connect the sides of the carpet in front of the console.
Might have been my car being odd, but that's my experience.

Oh, and I ran speaker wire to the spare tire "in case" I put in a subwoofer/speaker in the future.

Hey Hussein..... that's what we have been doing today too.
We started by lining up the drivers side back corner where the seat belt is fastened down and then ran it along the bottom floor toward the front. So far so good... but who knows how it will turn out. We are about 2 hours into it and are about half way along I would say. I am surprised at how many cuts and how long it takes to get it done!

82 x carpet

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am 67 years old, don't think I will be concerned about a woofer.:) Maybe my grandson might like one when he gets the car in 50 years, if he behaves!! Does anyone glue the carpet down?

Last edited:
Shouldn't be necessary - the seat rails, rocker trim & handbrake cover locate it, should hold with that. Mine has.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am 67 years old, don't think I will be concerned about a woofer.:) Maybe my grandson might like one when he gets the car in 50 years, if he behaves!! Does anyone glue the carpet down?
I glued it down. Without the glue mine would have been baggy in spots.

I laid mine down over the interior and made small cuts for the handbrake. I checked the fit everywhere and then moved to the seat rails. After that I made cutouts for the seat belt bolts. I eventually glued at the tunnel and then across each side and from rear to the footwells.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back