NFC going N Florida for golf DEc 6th-9th Where to play?

toddr124

Hagerstown, MD
Yes I know this is a car site, but I do not belong to any golf sites.

Flying into Jacksonville FL Saturday night. I am willing to drive to Daytona, Orlando or other locations within 2+ hours of Jacksonville.

The question is where should we play? Looking to play 36 on Sunday and Monday and 18 or 27 on Tuesday. Remember I drive Fiats and therefore I am cheap, but like nice things.

Any ideas?

If I were YOU Todd... I'd take a few days and visit...

Pinehurst in North Carolina... Second only to St. Andrews in Scot-Land!!!

Ya only live ONCE... Go here: http://www.pinehurst.com/

My wife and I spent a week there after winning a FREE trip... Flight, Limo to and from, Breakfast and Dinner, 4 rounds of Golf, carts and they OWN the entire town. Just charge your lunch to your room at the hotel!

I still managed to spend about $150 bucks a day in TIPS!

HA! And you know ME. Hospitality you can't find anywhere else... and more. PM me for details.

I am not a golfer but the best time I ever enjoyed watching was when I was in Boca Raton Fl. doing an art show. There was a course next to the hotel where my wife and I was staying. We had some free time so squeezed through a thin spot in the oleanders and sat on a bench at as I remember was the sixth Tee and watched the octogenarians play through. One of the first ones to go by was an old guy somewhere between 70 and 80. He Teed of on number five and the ball hit a tree and ricocheted over to the fairway on number six about half way between number six tee and the green. He nonchalantly drove around past our spot and played on through. And then after watching some more players go through there was the guy that flubbed his tee off with the ball going 15-20 feet. My wife said "that looks like a do over" and the guy said "I think your right" and set the ball up and took another shot. His golf partner/wife? gave us a dirty look and we decided we had warn out our welcome plus it was about time for the show to open so we slipped back through the oleanders the way we came.

Back