Round DRL's

Vincenzo7

True Classic
Has anyone fitted round LED DRL in the round holes for the bumper shocks?
I'm removing the blocks that I was never 100 % happy with and would like to fit a round LED - the shock diameter is 1-5/8"
haven't had much luck on line

thanks

I'm sure there are some out there...

I Googled LED DRL and 1 5/8 diameter and did some searching...

Hard to find lights that small in diameter... Here's ONE example in many colors...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Real...-Lens-Lamp-License-Plate-Lamp/1669052758.html

But it is really 18mm in diameter and the text says 40mm. The searching is really difficult. Note... 1 5/8" = to 4.1275cm or 41mm

I must have searched for an hour... and unfortunately, 41 mm is the CLAMP SIZE for motorcycle handlebars... and my search engines ignore me.

I did find some that were 1 1/4" diameter and some at 2 1/4" LEDs that were reasonably priced but you need to toss the housings and modify the light or the mount to fit them INSIDE or in front of and OVER the shock mounts.

So... motorcycle parts and also SEMI TRUCK shops have a plethora of lighting. I'll leave it to you now... sorry I couldn't find the exact part number! HA!

If you want small lights that you can recess into the hole, search eBay for "license plate backup lights." There are several offerings of LED lights designed to replace license plate bolts. You'd have to fill in the rest of the opening, but if it's recessed it might look OK.

Here are some pic's

Thanks Tony ,
here are some pics , of the 2.5" Halo LED 's
they fit in the rubber bumper gasket pretty well , I didn't realize there is a 2"square space in front of where th bumper shock fit , I don't have the car here so I measured the dia of the shock
still need to do a little work to mount and wire up (Bob Brown are you listening ?) there is a separate lead for the Halo , and a blue and brown wire , they don't come with wiring diagram , you have to look on the website , and I don't see that model
if it were easy it would be boring !!!!

Interesting...

What kind of beam pattern do they have? The site you linked to calls them fog lights, but do they actually have a short, wide pattern of projected light?

Hope they fit without too much trouble! I'll be interested to see how you mount and aim them. I suppose there is some adjustment in the bumper shock mounting bolt holes, but not much.

not sure

about the pattern , the units themselves seem like a quality piece , aluminum case etc , wiring is a little sketchy , no diagram , need rt go to the site and there is no specific diagram for that unit , and their tech support is worse than useless :mallet:
they seem to fit in the rubber pretty well- have to see how the whole thing will go together , will update as we progress

Back