Lancia Stratos_X1/9

Shared the Bertone stage together in 1975 as well..

with the very rare air Corsa X1/9 at the Barcelona & I think Paris Auto shows in 1975.

Last edited:
All great stuff and its heritage shows...

along with its sibling parallel to our X1/9.

Let us not forget the latest 2010 Concept version though...

Looks like an overdose of steroids but like its predecessors, still barely street-able!

Some drawings of the Stratos from the Homologation papers filed with the FIA.

Chassis side view:
Stratos%2Bchassis%2Bside.jpg

Chassis rear view:
Stratos%2Bchassis%2Brear.jpg

Top View:
Stratos%2Bchassis.jpg

Basic Specifications:
Stratos%2Bchassis%2BFP004.jpg

The exxe frame alignment sheet:
Exxe%2BFrame%2B%23.jpg

Primary frame structure and roll over bar from Bertone Ad.
Exxe%2BFrame.jpg

If one looks closer at the two chassis designs, the similarities become apparent. The basic bottom frame structure, the front bulk head to the rear drive unit box. These very basic and essential structural element concepts are shared between the Stratos and X1/9. Not that surprising as they were designed by a common ancestry.

If not for the as delivered power handicap, the exxe could have become the legendary car it always was. It was never really given the chance.

Bernice

The drawings really help to see the similarly...with the photos I was not aware the dimensions were that close.

Yep, yep, yep... The X1/9 chassis structure indeed...

looks to be a "mass production" version of the Stratos chassis in STAMPINGS, whereas the Stratos appears to be a limited edition, labor intensive RACE version, especially for WRC-type Rallys.

Wait a minute... Hmmmmm... I might have something here...

Some drawings of the Stratos from the Homologation papers filed with the FIA.

Chassis side view:
Stratos%2Bchassis%2Bside.jpg

Chassis rear view:
Stratos%2Bchassis%2Brear.jpg

Top View:
Stratos%2Bchassis.jpg

Basic Specifications:
Stratos%2Bchassis%2BFP004.jpg

The exxe frame alignment sheet:
Exxe%2BFrame%2B%23.jpg

Primary frame structure and roll over bar from Bertone Ad.
Exxe%2BFrame.jpg

If one looks closer at the two chassis designs, the similarities become apparent. The basic bottom frame structure, the front bulk head to the rear drive unit box. These very basic and essential structural element concepts are shared between the Stratos and X1/9. Not that surprising as they were designed by a common ancestry.

If not for the as delivered power handicap, the exxe could have become the legendary car it always was. It was never really given the chance.

Bernice
other than the regular kit car companies, has anyone done full dimensions drawings of the Stratos chassis?
The lead time is soooo long with the companies that I’ve decided to have my own chassis built if I can find the full info.

Is it just me or is that Bertone hand rail in the pictures totally cool...........? Don't you wonder where all that marketing stuff went? Most likely in the dumpster unfortunately. :(

Back