Another red Fiat X1/9 1300 1980.

1300 X1/9

Low Mileage
I am brand new to forums, so I am not sure exactly how things work yet, but give me time ? To break the ice let me tell you that I have a Red X1/9 1300 1980, that has been waiting in my garage for many years to be renovated.
In the last few months I have managed to change the colour from "that green" to red. re upholstered in cream. At this point I am looking for the interior light fitting, for some reason it went astray at the upholsters. The other item I am short of is the cooling system reservoir. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Aprt from those two items I think the car is as close to original as I can get it.....

Welcome Aboard!

It sounds like you have a pretty nice X there...(We need Pics!!).

For the reservoir, I'd check with Matt at Midwest-Bayless (google it), he has nice stainless steel tanks. You can try a shout out in the "For Sale or Wanted" (FSW) section on this forum if you are looking for an original plastic tank. As for the light fixture, again, we need photos!

If you cannot tell, we love photos!

Again, welcome aboard! :nod:

welcome!!

always glad to find another soul smitten with the bug....I mean x!!
if the tank is plastic and that's what you want , I have three used but in great shape.
if original is not on the plate I highly recommend the stainless from Midwest.
kinda pricey, but the craftsmanship is outstanding and it comes with all the hardware.
keep us all posted on your progress
mikemo90*aol.com

Welcome Mr. Cape Town...

There is a lot to say about all ORIGINAL cars... but you have already repainted yours from that WONDERFUL, ORIGINAL, Kermit Green... to RED.

It also takes a certain kinda person to install all the ORIGINAL stuff like a PLASTIC reservoir tank instead of going to an upgraded STAINLESS STEEL tank that should never crack, leak and then leave you stranded on the side of the road.

Don't get me wrong... I hold TRULY ORIGINAL cars in HIGH ESTEEM. Its just no my cup o' tea and you might wanna consider some alternatives as well.

Oh... and TAN or BEIGE interiors really go well with THAT GREEN!

HA!

Welcome again... and do post fotos lest you be FINED!

Hi Joe
Thanks for your quick response. All you guys are so welcoming, I feel at home here. You know I send hours on this website and I am learning about X1/9's all the time - I'm very grateful. Will post photo's as soon as I stop reading all that this webstite has to offer. I will repeat this to all who made comments and welcoming me. Originally my car had a metal resevoir, so I'll be looking for something similar, but later. The clear opening for the interior light is 1.11/32" x 3.15/16" as you see in the photo I have the bezel but that's all, I need the rest. Bayless do not have these fittings. Then there is the cost to me situation (and I am not pleading poverty) becausre of our exchange rate everything we order from the USA is approximately 10 x what you would pay, which is just a little problem for us in South Africa. Anyway there is nothing that can be done about that aspect, not even crying ! ! !

Hi Blackie
Thanks for your quick response. I take your comments on "all Original" in a small way I do agree. All you guys are so welcoming, I feel at home here. You know I send hours on this website and I am learning about X1/9's all the time - I'm very grateful. Will post photo's as soon as I stop reading all that this webstite has to offer. I will repeat this to all who made comments and welcoming me. Originally my car had a metal resevoir, so I'll be looking for something similar, but later. The clear opening for the interior light is 1.11/32" x 3.15/16" as you see in the photo I have the bezel but that's all, I need the rest. Bayless do not have these fittings. Then there is the cost to me situation (and I am not pleading poverty) becausre of our exchange rate everything we order from the USA is approximately 10 x what you would pay, which is just a little problem for us in South Africa. Anyway there is nothing that can be done about that aspect, not even crying ! ! !

Hi Brett
Thanks for your quick response. All you guys are so welcoming, I feel at home here. You know I send hours on this website and I am learning about X1/9's all the time - I'm very grateful. Will post photo's as soon as I stop reading all that this webstite has to offer. I will repeat this to all who made comments and welcoming me. Originally my car had a metal resevoir, so I'll be looking for something similar, but later. Yes it is the light above your head once you are seated in the 1300 X1/9. The clear opening for the interior light is 1.11/32" x 3.15/16" as you see in the photo I have the bezel but that's all, I need the rest. Bayless do not have these fittings. Then there is the cost to me situation (and I am not pleading poverty) becausre of our exchange rate everything we order from the USA is approximately 10 x what you would pay, which is just a little problem for us in South Africa. Anyway there is nothing that can be done about that aspect, not even crying ! ! !

Hi Mike
Thanks for your quick response. All you guys are so welcoming, I feel at home here. You know I send hours on this website and I am learning about X1/9's all the time - I'm very grateful. Will post photo's as soon as I stop reading all that this webstite has to offer. I will repeat this to all who made comments and welcoming me. Originally my car had a metal resevoir, so I'll be looking for something similar, but lets have a look & see what those resevoirs look like and let me know what the asking figures are and maybe we can do something here. The clear opening for the interior light is 1.11/32" x 3.15/16" as you see in the photo I have the bezel but that's all, I need the rest. Bayless do not have these fittings. Then there is the cost to me situation (and I am not pleading poverty) becausre of our exchange rate everything we order from the USA is approximately 10 x what you would pay, which is just a little problem for us in South Africa. Anyway there is nothing that can be done about that aspect, not even crying ! ! !

Hi Jim
Thanks for your quick response. All you guys are so welcoming, I feel at home here already. You know I spend hours on this website and I am learning about X1/9's all the time - I'm very grateful. Will post photo's as soon as I stop reading all that this webstite has to offer. I will repeat this to all who made comments and welcoming me. Take Care and best regards

Youse can call me Tony, or youse can call me Papa...

or youse can call me Papa-Tony, but please don't call me Blackie!

(Itsa not my name! Black Tooth is the name of my car... I'm doing the typing here, not him. Short story for another time...)

As far as shipping goes... I understand your concerns. I always thought OZ and Kiwi-Land was the priciest, but you may have them beat!

It would probably behoove you to either move to the US or Europe, or plan to pick up parts on your vacation. HA!

Back