Got a second Fiat

ng_randolph

Bjorn H
I leased a 2015 Fiat 500e a few weeks ago. The 500e is the battery electric 500 sold (as far as I know) in California and Oregon only.

Driving it is great fun, but not quite the visceral experience driving the X1/9 is. Acceleration from 0 to 60 is OK, high 8's I believe. Acceleration from 0 to 30 is awesome.

Amenities are more plentiful than in my other cars; my second newest car is 20 years old.

I see quite a few of these here in the San Francisco Bay Area, including 4 at work. We have free level 2 chargers at work, so I usually don't charge it at home.

DSC00147.JPG

Last edited:
More like a hot-rodded Golf Cart I would assume...

But Congratulations to you and yours!

Way back in the '80s I remember a shop in Santa Rosa that was the HUB of all things ELECTRIC when it came to converting compacts to electric power. The name of the company escapes me and Google can't seem to find it either. There are several other groups and businesses in that area that I don't recognize...

I digress... The Motto of the unknown company was... "If you are a two car family, one of them should be electric..."

I heartily agree... but both my wife and I always worked outside the RANGE of those car back then.

Good to see you are filling in for us!

HA!

Back