Anyone know this X1/9 on ebay?

Hi Tim,

Our good buddy Chris says I am like a crack addict with these cars. I always keep an eye out for another Fiat that looks like fun. He also says I use a "new" car as an excuse to put off working on the 78... he is probably right about that. :)

Remember this night?? Chris and I with some type of custom car. ;)

PresidentialLimo001.jpg
yup, it was a good night talking about cars. I think that one could be considered semi-custom.

Congrats Brett

$1550.00 looks like a great deal. Knowing that the folks at MWB had a hand in its maintenance is a plus, even it was a few years back. How much could have gone wrong in that time really?

Getting it home is always an issue. I have a trailer, but the thought of driving there and back was too much for me. I guess I am getting old or something.

Should I be concerned?

I have tried to contact the seller a few times regarding payment and he has not yet replied. I will give him 24 hours before I really get concerned. I am ready to send the $$ but unless I actually have contact with a human, it is not going to happen. I hope this is not a scam.

Deposit by paypal

And balance in person. At least that is what I see on the listing.

He really should get back to you soon though.

As Rob said...

Paypal will reimburse you if there is a problem... but I agree with you, I wouldn't send a dime until I spoke with him.

Congratulations???

Just heard back...

I am fine once I actually talk to the person and get a phone number. I did not want to send money out into the ether though.

You mean you just bought ANOTHER X1/9...

Glad it all worked out and...

I'd be happy to help with the relay... I'll take the "Vegas to MY HOUSE" portion. Let me know when I should meet you at the Bellagio...

Picked up the car...

We made the road trip to pick up the car. About 20 hours of driving and almost 1200 miles and we are home safe and sound.

We had plenty of road food and caffeine.
IMG_7095-L.jpg

One of our rules is to not stop at any chains, the Pink Cadillac was a good lunch stop for us.
IMG_7093-L.jpg

My good friends Andy and Lori were kind enough to put us all up for the night.
IMG_7112-L.jpg

We made a few stops at junk stores and found a few cool things to remind us of our journey.
IMG_7119-L.jpg

Once we picked the car up, we headed back to Andy's place and got some sleep for the next leg home.
IMG_7115-L.jpg

1910488_10204957583679987_5628998311980952129_n.jpg

1450307_10204964312208196_232265932191280994_n.jpg

Our tradition dictates that when we do a road trip, we get off the beaten path and find local and unusual attractions. This was what led us to Foamhenge. I highly recommend this stop as it is a short distance off I-81 on Highway 11 in VA.

IMG_7132-L.jpg

IMG_7151-L.jpg

IMG_7142-L.jpg

Had some great BBQ along the way
IMG_7156-L.jpg

Drank lots of fuel and finally made it home. I have not even unloaded the X yet.
IMG_7158-L.jpg

IMG_7159-L.jpg

WHAT A GREAT PICTORIAL! Thanks for posting...

I really like the King Kong shot over the fender!

Congratulations as well. Looks like a great car!

Back