valve shim exchange

my 1st car

Low Mileage
I recently adj. my valves and thanks to Dan Sarandrea for the excellent thread (valve adjustment) on replacing the shims. He mentioned a shim exchange program with Alvon Elrod, so I called him to see if it's still current---it is:nod: He said he doesn't hear much from folks here on this forum, mainly from Mirafiori. So, he asked me to mention it here. It's a great service, very helpful. Email Alvon: ventura_ace at juno.com (no spaces). Ph-805-338-1767

Yep... Most hear know of the exchange AND...

he even has the X1/9 Shim Tool to loan out as well.

Glad old Dan got off his butt and lent you a hand... He, as well as Alvon are just a few in this collection of great guys!

(I must add this though... I have had my car going on 32 years and the valves started making noise around 110K. An OLD member here, Kelly Fiske, flew this way on a business trip and stopped by to help me adjust the valves. He did this TWICE by the way, as I had two X's at the time... and since then, and since using Castrol GTX, I have put almost another 70K on my car and not a sound! The performance was a real boost as well. Every micro millimeter counts when it comes to valve openings! I guess what I am saying is... I THINK the new synthetics and semi-synthetic oils work very well!)

Back