Transmission shift shaft seal availability?

zonker

Just Another FIAT Freak
I have yet to find a source in the USA that has the shift shaft seal in stock. I saw some on ebay from Croatia, but before I pull the trigger I wanted to see if any of you know a good source here in the USA?

shift seal

dude I told you to bring a list and dig deeper in the stash!!
I have several here......ya just didn't dig deep enough:whistle:
if you still need one.......
mikemo

zonk

one call and I have it all!!!!!
ya didn't dig into all the stuff I actually have put away in a sense of understanding that this belongs with this.
build your wish list of needs and I will do my best to fill it:nod:
mikemo
p.s. your pics here make me look like a parts guy hoarder...... I am:eyepop:
mikemo

one call and I have it all!!!!!
ya didn't dig into all the stuff I actually have put away in a sense of understanding that this belongs with this.
build your wish list of needs and I will do my best to fill it:nod:
mikemo
p.s. your pics here make me look like a parts guy hoarder...... I am:eyepop:
mikemo

shoulda thought of you, Mike. Gonna change timing gear and crank pulley to some lighter units. Adding a timing belt (even though the PO just replaced it) and a non smog pump cam cover. I have the backing plate from JJ, and a 1500 cover set from another xwebber cleanup, but since it's 1500 I think you know the dilemma... so I'm gonna cut the oem cover in half and use the lower half in conjunction with the 1500 top cover. Rough measurements say it will work :cool: so we will see :mallet:

Good idea Rob, the weight you save on the cam gear...

oughtta make up for the the covers and mounts you'll be adding! HA!

(Granted one is an inertia item... and I dunno how much impact yur gonna feel in the seat of your pants... but you alone might know, and that's what counts! Right?)

I'd simply toss them all unless you have kids under 7 working on your car where they might catch their fingers...

Seriously... I dunno if you know or have done this... but having 3 - 4 pounds shaved off the flywheel and then rebalanced IS SOMETHING you can see, feel and hear!

Yes I was going to put a lightened flywheel in this car but I suffered from millersmuleitis and the arrival did not match the assembly time. In the meantime, it's almost a 2 lb difference on the can gear and about the same for the crank. Granted, the cam spins at half speed compared to the crank but I won't be surprised if she will rev to 6500 a bit quicker

timing cover

uuuuuh you need one of those too??
have several here!!
next time you come up here, rent a u haul and I will fill it for you:nod:
mikemo

LOL if anyone might have an old 128 style cover and backing plate, it probably would be you. Mike :king:

Stop on the way back. I have several boxes of additional free parts for you Rob...

You are making the parts man in me giddy... see mikemo and I suffer from the same affliction... we are both parts men, although mike still derives a check from it and my parts counterman tenure ended a few decades ago.

U busy tomorrow? I might have some free time after the post op visit with my surgeon.

No I am slammed... I probably wont be free for a couple of weeks. I have a secret warehouse in Irvine with parts in it.. Shhhh dont tell anyone...:cool:

secret shash

ok great... now we all know!!!
I will be cruising the Ervine area with my Tahoe, loaded looking forward to an exchange of (parts) prisoners:dance2:

Back