White dials in MPH

marx175

Low Mileage
Hi guys, does any kind soul have the pdfs or any file with the white dials but in MPH for us English chaps? Thanks Mark

I've made a bunch, can email you the pdf if you pm me your email?
will customize if desired, cost is the same.......$0.00

file-5-1.jpg

file-3.jpg

file.jpg

1speedo_zpsce1c730e.jpg

Here are some more...

Early Model, I believe and I'm unsure of the scale

Late Model, 1:1 scale

Late Model complete, but am unsure of scale.

All will need to be massaged a bit for your own taste.

Here is what mine look like after about 10 years... printed on regular Photo paper.

While you have the pod apart... remove the BLUE lenses that mute the backlight bulbs... replace with NEW 5 watt bulbs and toss the 3 watt ones... or go to an LED. Start a new post to ask for which ones...

By the way your steering wheel looks a lot like mine except mine has 2 buttons, one rigged for flash and one rigged through a start button, so you have to have the start button AND steering wheel button down to start the engine.

Steering wheel buttons...

The idea is a good theft deterrent and many of us have added a button or concealed a button for this purpose and more.

Many times the START position on the ignition switch has failed or is failing and one can essentially wire around it with a "push to start" button... thereby putting off the need to replace the entire switch.

As for theft of these cars in the LA area... I could leave the car running and no one would bother it... HA!

No-Lo Jack...

As for theft of these cars in the LA area... I could leave the car running and no one would bother it... HA!

Same here in the Boston area. I seldom lock the car, in fact I always have the top off when I park it at work. As for theft deterrent, if I park in a suspicious area, I just reach under the lid and pull the coil wire off the dizzy and lock the latch. Of course, four guys can always just pick it up and carry it away...HA!

ditto, never lock, top is often off, key usually in the ignition, in some parts of town I'll put the top on take the key with me, I don't trust the door locks enough to use them

Just a MASSIVE thank you to Jeff for his help to create the perfect dials for my particular UK car. Thanks you so much.

Hey Jeff... do you have gauge templates that are...

easily massaged? If not a problem for you, I'd like to have one/some to sent to me as well.

natolial*pacbell.net

Thanks!

early model with oil pressure gauge?

always liked those, can you do one with the oil pressure gauge? what are you guys printing this on? take it to Kinkos, and have it put on adhesive backed paper

HEY JEFF... Kevin and I wanna talk to you!

Templates, please? If we need to talk offline we can...

He asks about the printing process. Your thoughts?

Kevin, I used PHOTO paper and glued it on the old face with Kid's Stick-Glue "crayons"... 10+ years and they still look great. I do like your idea of using an adhesive backed paper though... especially if the quality of the paper is there like the photo-paper.

Thanks...

sorry, PM box was full, I hate that
I should be able to make whatever you want although I haven't done an oil pressure gauge if it's close enough to the volt meter layout it'll probably work.

printing;
best quality is laser but you can't put most photo paper or adhesive backed paper through those and then I lost access to the color laser printer anyway so have been doing inkjet lately, those come out pretty nice too although you really have to spray it to protect the ink from smudging, aerosol spray fixative/protectant seems to work alright. Taking the file to kinkos or similar is probably worth it. I like the adhesive backed paper. When I glued some down with spray adhesive they lifted off after a while. Had to be more aggressive with the glue but the adhesive paper seems to hold well. I've been sending people pdf files and so far haven't heard of issues, always worry the scale will get skewed transferring formats like that, but it's cheap enough to just keep tweaking it as you go.

oil is just

0, 55, and 110......would be kinda funny to put "OH S#!T in place of 110, but only if the needle never went there.....I am currently looking for a newer set of gauges, and looking at Tony's...my 77 gauges look quite primitive....

Pm me your email for now
You will want to see if the marks line up. all I did was change a volt meter
Soon I think I will upload them somewhere
Dropbox linked to the wiki maybe?

Back