totally dissappointed

"smart cars"

how stupid is mankind that it needs a car to park for you.
a simple scenario for you.
your behind a big wheel trailer, and some hotshot decides that the space between the both of you is allowing a few inches either way and suddenly decides to smash the brakes???? YOU have this smart (dumb ass) car that brakes for you........
what about the people behind you that rely on motor functions and response times???
jeeze
if I didn't love my x's I really would to have a horse for commuting. nuff said.... again
mikemo:sigh:

Not just today

This pic found on Google Images looks oldish:

x_accident.jpg

:( Ouch

Mikey... The Elan was cast in fiberglass with two...

pieces of 2" conduit running the length of the car.

Talk about a lack of safety features... although they were a KICK to drive, the didn't ever really belong on the street. The typical car back in those days (mid 60's... and you and your bong...) if you CAN remember... would run over an Elan as if it were a speed-bump!

YEP! That is why a set of $20 dollar Air Horns are a must!

As for the X1/9's structure and especially the LATE bumper system... they are tremendous as compared to any other car.

The problem is even if the bumpers do match up... many times the other car has its rear end up in the air or its another SUV monster so the X slides right under it. I have a sorta "neither-nor" unibody SUV in the form of a Honda Pilot... and bought it for my wife after another Ford SUV drove over the top of her Honda Accord. At least she now has a fighting chance.

Lastly... there are several of us here as well as a few real-life survivors like on that Mythbusters episode... that will attest to the greatness of the Targa bar, bumpers and bumper shocks, and sacrificial stampings this car possesses!

Pictures of wrecked X's always make me sad. I used to think it would be fun to own a horse and buggy until I was watching a horse show where one of the horses pulling a buggy got upset about something and started bucking and kicking. By the time they got the horse settled down the buggy was totally destroyed.

This is another wrecked X that showed its' strength

50 mph head on pole hit. Bruised knee and broken wrist, if I remember correctly. Car held up quite well.

And another... I just happen to know the owner...

and he is "sorta" OK after a very long hospital stay and years of recuperation. Another one of us that is truly blessed!

Back