yay! Fresh tires!!

myronx19

True Classic
Yokohama A-539 185/60/13s.. I ordered these 5 days ago, and got them today!

Hopefully these will be nice and round once mounted.. I'm going to get these mounted at a Fiat dealership that has a Hunter Road Force balancer.

I bought these from Nick over at Demon Tweeks - lots of fresh 185/60/13's available. They're not dirt cheap, but they're a good summer only performance tire. They are made in Japan. I have a set on my car now, but they weren't round - and that was quite frustrating (I bought them in 2006, 2006 production date)! I had Yokohama A-509 on my car b efore that, and they were fantastic. I wore those things completely bald. I bought 5, for the spare. Before that, my car had Pirelli P6 in a 185/60/13 on CD91

Hey Albert,

They are 46GBP, which works out to $72USD each, plus shipping, mounting and balancing of course. Well worth it if it fits one's budget. With good tires in a 185/60/13 being so hard to find, I figured this might be the last chance to get them - and I'll keep them on the car for the next 8-10 years as well.

Shipping for me worked out to be 138GBP, which covered very fast shipping. If there was a slower, cheaper method, I would have taken it. We're still in the dead of winter here.

These tires are not listed on the www.demon-tweeks.co.uk website. Interested people need to contact them directly. They reply quickly and offer great service.

Now, if spring would get here a little sooner...

Good find!!....and seems thats going to be our last resource, buying 13" tires from europe if we want to keep our 13" wheels.Thanks for sharing!!!

Nice, but...

The question for us here in the USA is do these tires have a U.S. DOT approval on the sidewall? If not, U.S. Customs will seize them upon import, with no refund or reimbursement of costs.

The question for us here in the USA is do these tires have a U.S. DOT approval on the sidewall? If not, U.S. Customs will seize them upon import, with no refund or reimbursement of costs.

They come by USPS and customs did not touch my Falkens ZX-512s from Demon Tweeks.

Same goes for Canada, they would seize them as well.. but same story, mine came via Parcel Post. Not saying it was right, but..

Technically, no - these are Ecode tires (E4), and have no DOT markings whatsoever. They do say this (see pic below).. but this doesn't necessarily comply with US requirements. Importing for personal use - might not be that easy in the US.

So Myron you had the tires shipped directly to Canada or did you pick them up in the U.S and bring them across yourself?

So what should I do, I'm in USA, should I go for it or would that be a big risk. I like the looks of the tires, but not sure if I want to take a chance. Anymore opinions on this? Thanks

TIRES

well I have never had a cop stare at my tires unless they were bored, or my tires were totally bald.
so..... unless you get caught doing something really stupid (I still do) ya gonna be ok. unless it is a rookie cop trying to impress the Sargent he is with.
they look good tho, and the price looks good, a little narrow for me.
mikemo90

This is what I was concern about, not the cops looking at my tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stich

Back