Tire easy has a new 13 inch option...

engelme

True Classic
Anyone ever heard of the Joyroad brand? Tire easy lists 4 options for 175/60/13 tires. I have a set of 5in CD91s that I was going to skin. 185/60/13 seems a bit wide, so I thought 175s would be better. They have Achilles, Achilles platinums, Nexens and then this Joyroad. I'm not looking for great performance, and the Joyroads are cheap like the Achilles. I also came across some 175/65/13 Khumos which give a near 22 inch diameter, but they are $20/tire more. If you were buying today, what would you do?

Hmmm.

I'd never heard of them, so I wondered. I've heard folks say good things about the Achilles products also. So, Khump vs. Achilles?

Welp... I see the Achilles 122's are no longer the...

cheapest at $33 bucks, the JoyRoads have taken that spot at $31.

The 175/60 or 65 tire is getting a bit too tall and skinny for my taste. I can attest the 175/60x13 Achilles 122's look and fit and perform excellently, with no issues trying to balance... and they took all my vibration away!

I run 205/60's in the rear... and love the look and the rake and the 300+ RPM dip at cruising. I hadta go elsewhere to get them. 185/60s all around or just in the rear would probably work best for you. With the 175s up front... absolute no rubbing issues that you MIGHT get with the 185s.

no 185/60/13 in Joyrod's

lol, almost as bad as Achilles heel...I too am looking for tires...think I'm gonna get me some Achilles, before you guys buy em all up...so 185/60's wont rub on me?

You should be fine with 185/60/13

That was the standard size tire for the late model X1/9, and I use this size on all 4 corners of my cars. I wouldn't go wider than this in front, but the back will certainly accommodate more tire. I'm only getting 175/60/13s for some 5inch CD91s. Your choices for 185/60/13s are Nexens, Federals and Achilles. I've got Nexens that I'm very happy with. I've heard complaints about the Federals being out of round. Have heard only good things about the Achilles tires, which is why I bought a set of 175/60/13s for the CD91s. Hope they are as good as the 185/60/13s.

KW23 = Good stuff

The KW23s are technically snow tires, but have a nice tread pattern and are really an all-weather tire, if you can look past the snowflakes on the sidewall lol.

It's the best quality tire out of the bunch. Who would have thought 10 years ago Kumho would be top shelf? And the only 175-series tire with the correct rolling diameter. It' a really odd, hard-to-find size that is just right for an X19.

The others (Achilles, Joyroad, Nexxen) are a crapshoot from a build construction perspective. Yes there are good ones in the bunch, but just as many bad ones with run-out, hop, and bulges straight from the factory.

Pix below are the KW23s...

image011.jpg

image007.jpg

-M

Ya know Matt... as I have mentioned several times...

Our American brands are now being made overseas and many of the European brands are being made HERE!

I think they are all a crap shoot these days... and my last set of Sumitomo's (actually made in Japan) were junk. The two sets before were great...

As far as the Achilles are concerned... so far NO complaints like the Federal's and Nexan's...

Tell me the MAGIC of knowing ANYTHING ANYMORE these days... its all spinning to fast! HA!

Back