Guess What i Found

Old Fiat Driver

Old Fiat Driver
Realizing that you can't find the original heater hoses, at least I can't. I went to NAPA and Juan looked thru his collection of heater hoses and came up with a home run. Just cut to length and go for it. I don't like putting undue pressure on the thin steel heater pipes and this meant a minimum of loading. You can see the part number in the photos.

Charlie

Right Hussien

I bought 2 NAPA hoses, cut both to the proper length and installed. The new hoses are nearly a perfect match for one of the original hoses and very close to the other original hose. They put a nearly zero load on the original pipes and route around the heater just like the originals which helps keep them out of sight. The two original hoses are slightly different in length so each NAPA hose had to be cut slightly differently. They were an easy install

Hope this helps
Charlie

Don't know what happened to my previous post but I wanted to be sure the information was in text form and not just pictures because those disappear.
NAPA heater hose part # 11211 can be cut to fit BOTH coolant hose: coming and going between coolant pipes and heater core. I think I have that right. GREAT FIND! Any idea what the original fitment was? For cross referencing? Year make/model/ application of original intent?

Hi Jeff

Ya these go between the heater core and the steel heater pipes that run thru the tunnel up to the heater core area not the coolant pipes that go to the radiator and are located lower in the tunnel. I have no idea what they fit but a search on NAPA's web site may be able to find what they do fit. That's a good idea then maybe they can be bought cheaper somewhere else. I think I'll search that out and see if I can find out.

Charlie

Here is a list

According to the NAPA web site here are the cars that this heater hose is for. I don't know what other hoses may work with these cars so if you go to a parts store and order a heater hose for one of these cars you could get a different hose assuming there is more than one heater hose on these cars.

Buick Century 3.1 L 189 CID V6 2000 - 2005
Chevrolet Impala 3.4 L 207 CID V6 OHV (Pushrod Engine) 2000 - 2005
Chevrolet Lumina 3.1 L 189 CID V6 2000 - 2001
Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.4 L 207 CID V6 OHV (Pushrod Engine) 2000 - 2005
Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1 L 189 CID V6 2000 - 2003

Charlie

Just to confirm...

Hey Charlie. Great find and thanks for sharing !!

But...just to confirm...in case there are any differences - what year is your X and was it A/C or nonA/C ?

And although the bends and length look great - how was the ID of the NAPA hose compared to the original Fiat one ? Surely the Fiat was metric and the NAPA hose was imperial ? Was it a nice snug fit onto the Fiat tubes - or a fight to get it on - or a loose fit that required a lot of clamping ?

Thanks again. Doug

Hi Doug

Mine is a 1974 without air conditioning.

The hoses fit perfectly. They go over their respective fittings snugly but not too tight. They are the correct ID. I sprayed a small amount of silicone fluid on the hose and connecting pipes and they slid right on with a moderate amount of force just like they should. I really don't know if AC makes a difference or not. I doubt that the hose is imperial. Nearly everything these days is metric although the size is really close to 5/8" so it could actually be 15 or 16 MM. At any rate it fits correctly, you will like it.

Charlie

Back