This GREAT Project Car is still for sale...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4763710520.html

Alvon Elrod met with the owner's wife last week and she said these folks are being transferred to TN and need to sell this car fast!

Looks to be a very good project and well worth the tin in the shape its in, IMHO. Hopefully one of youse guys in the Rust-Belt will latch onto this!

(You all do know I have no interest in this sale but am always looking for MY DESERVE-ED $20 Finder's Fee. I appear to owe a lot of people $20 bucks! HA! Merry Christmas!)

What's with the parts only description?

If they don't have a title that makes it pretty hard to sell even in the apparently good condition shown in the photos.

-Dean

All I want to know

is how many Muppets were killed to make the seat covers. :)

I was thinking the same thing Brett! HA!

But I have no idea and neither would Alvon as he just met the wife.

Best to call them if you are serious!

Merry Christmas BTW to you, the wife and the kids!

Dean... that is a FREQUENT COMMENT used here...

in California to get around the Smog Laws.

It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the SELLER to insure it has passed a Smog Test and Inspection within 30 days of the sale!

If you are serious about the car and title I can only say you need to call them... and if ya want, I can take a peek at it for you... Alvon just met the wife recently so he knows no more than I.

I just hope there's something like this out there for me in a couple years. I would love to get a decent body and cannibalize my X to build a nice one.

Hmm..
My son wants an X....

I'm taking a bit of vacation after Christmas...
I've never spent New Years in Los Angeles....

This might work.

Somebody should save this car

I'm going to pass.
The biggest hurdle for me is the lack of title. Couple that with the distance to retrieve and it just isn't worth it to me.

Here is the response to my query:
Hi Andy,
There isn't any title, it has not been registered since 1994. When we bought the car with a bill of sale, a DMV search reported to history. There was nothing in the system about the car. It ran rough at the time we bought it, would not tick over. It does not have a battery and we do not want to start it as it has been sitting for over 18mths and without checking and cleaning it could do a lot of damage to the engine. If you bought it I wouldn't start it before cleaning the engine. Its light enough that we could push it onto a trailer. My husband said the clutch felt good and the gears changed well.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Sharon

No Title = $500 or less value

Why do folks even buy cars without titles? It's crazy.

In Oregon I can't even take a shell to the metal recyclers if I don't have a title in hand.

Is it really that big a deal to get a new title? I don't think it is in Michigan though I never tried. I'm pretty sure Michigan would never catch up with me if I got a good shell and swapped the parts around and just kept it titled with my current one. I have never had a VIN verified by any official ever in my life, whatever is on the paper is good enough.

Track cars.....

No title is a good excuse to make a non street legal race car. Don't need a title to race one on a track.

Many states don't title cars older than a certain date. The general assumption there is that a cars older than 20 years really doesn't exist in any large numbers as they have disappeared due to salt related corrosion. Vermont is one of those states. When coming from a state like that to Michigan it required an old registration for the car.

Karl

Back