Adjustable cam pulleys

Yes.

We're rapidly approaching 2 months since the last update. Is it time to seek alternatives?

I'd think it's well into the time to seek alternatives, especially given the lack of a definite timeline for actual finished-product availability. :laugh:

what a serious mistake

Not so much in making a machining error, but in the way it has been handled. Not one of my dollars will ever go that way again.

Still waiting

This time they are sending samples to us first! Should see the sample this week so I can test it and be sure they got them right. Will let you all know once I verify as to if they got them right this time around.

Andrew Phillips
http://www.vickauto.com

Real shocker....Not!!!

I posted my unfortunate experience with VAS and it was removed from XWeb. I guess if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.:hmm:

Real shocker....Not!!!

I posted my unfortunate experience with VAS and it was removed from XWeb. I guess if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.:hmm:

That is too bad. I have had some success with them. Over promise does seem to be the norm however.

Checking samples now

Just received the samples. They look good and measure out correctly. Going to triple check everything before giving them my seal of approval.

How long?

Once you approve them, how long before they are available for purchase?

How will you handle the people who ordered, paid, returned, and got refunds the last time? Do they have priority this time? It would be nice to have them overnighted to us on your dime so we can finish our engine builds.

Will the same colors be available?

If the samples are being checked, it's time to communicate the next steps. You have/had a bunch of people excited about these.

We should have an idea of production time within a few days of approval. Hopefully it will be quick.

I believe the color choices will remain the same as these will replace the first order.

Every order is a priority to us. That said, the orders from before will be processed first. Assuming we have the correct contact information for you, as we will be reconfirming the orders at that time.

Thank you all for your excitement about this and other products.

Reproduction run is supposed to be finished by October 25th. I'll chime in again once we hear from them that they are ready for shipping.

Update:

I got antsy and called Vick's this morning about the pulleys.

Vicks told me they got notice that manufacturing is completed, they hope to have them shipped by the end of October, and hopefully in Texas by mid-November.

Last edited:
No Update

So... The manufacturer has stopped responding to us. Likely means they are still not done and they are tucking their head in like a turtle till they really are. Just letting you all know we're still focused on this.

This may be of interest. Millers Mule just purchase 5 1500 pulleys off of my ebay store last month. I suspect he is gearing up for another run...sorry for the pun...and the rhyme this time.:)

In my time with old Italian cars I have also had my share of bad experiences with different suppliers. The way I see it is that we are pretty lucky to have the diversity of suppliers that we do. If they were all to see that there was quicker money to make selling rice kits for Hondas then we would all be worse off. So I'd say we need to grant a certain degree of latitude.

Dom.

Real shocker....Not!!!

Got a reply! They say they have finished production and are in the process of boxing everything. Should be ready to ship to us in the next few days. Perfect timing as this will now overlap with the Thanksgiving holiday and that's sure to add even more time to sorting out shipping.

Bump

Andrew - What's the latest update on these adjustable cam pulleys?

Has anyone heard if Millers Mule are going to put out adjustable cam pulleys? (As in a follow up to JJay's note.)

On the way to us

They have shipped. Shipping company confirmed. With the holidays in the way, we're not sure of a solid delivery date. Likely late in the first week of January or maybe the second week.

Soon as they arrive, I'll be putting them onto a SOHC and DOHC engine that I have sitting in the shop. No more trusting in the design. What's that old saying? "Trust but verify."

Back