The WHEELRITE tool...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
Just saw an ad from Speedway Motors and thought this might be of interest.

It might be KOOL if maybe we bought one of these to share when folks are shopping for new and different wheels and tires to see what will fit before they make an expensive mistake.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Percy...m_campaign=t_u_HL082814_productPic&ns_pc=NULL

Considering its usefulness when NEEDED, it ain't too bad a price to pay just to have it anyway. I think I remember seeing these a few years back for about twice the price... and I dunno if they can be had for any less. Its the THOUGHT here that counts, as I haven't given it much thought until now.

Have a GREAT Labor Day weekend!

Well, if you get the $20 bucks

Bob Brown, Tommy, Rudy, and Ian owe you, it should only cost about $10 plus shipping.

Mike

Hey Mike, keep me out of this......!

...... and Ian owe you, ......

.....if you keep mentioning that I owe the "old guy" 20 bucks, before I know it, I will be on his "Mafioso hit-list" with the rest of you guys!! :guns:

cheers, Ian - NZ

I have one....

I bought one of these to figure out wheel size for my mustang. Seemed to work well. Only issue I had was figuring the sidewall height for the tire part.

The sidewall issue... You said...

it was difficult, but it wasn't impossible was it?

It appears to me the "wire" should be stiff and needs to conform to the actual tire. I can see not having a tire to prove the shape would then rely on info from the tire's spec sheet.

I also think using one of these calculators would help... and then PROVE the calculator with the Percy Tool.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=245-75r16-255-50r18

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Lastly... would you consider lending the tool? A "NO" answer is perfectly acceptable... but thought I would ask.

tools

tony, I have tried to get the forum interested in a collective tool box for members to share. working for fiat for ten or so years long ago, I do have a HUGE selection of useable tools here.
and as long as they come back home I would like to make them available to all.
if interested let me know and I will list all the tools and kent-moore #
on the DF.
mikemo90*aol.com

That's generous Mike. I think the only tools...

that are exclusive to our engines are the Head Re-torquing tools so that one can re-torque the cylinder heads after a gasket replacement without removing the cam tower.

Shims we have covered and now Alvon Elrod here in SoCal administrates an exchange program... for shipping charges only. I believe to date we have just one guy that hasn't returned the unused shims... and we now also have a Shim Tool to loan out as well. We're a little gun-shy about it as they are very scarce and very expensive and thanks to Brian Pimm, he had a bunch made up.

I think the only other stuff are parts like the ICM and ECM and maybe other exclusive FI stuff to prove or disprove a component. I have been sending out stuff now and again for trials and it seems to work so far... but it would be GREAT if this site administrated such a program for tools and parts that are loaned to members that are registered and in good standing... or otherwise a refundable deposit would be needed to assure the tool or part's return.

Sounds like a great hobby for someone more centrally located in Northern California, just south of San Francisco, so he could care for the entire planet more easily... Know any volunteers?

HA!

yes...me

I have almost all tools listed in the fiat "kent-moore "book, from head heights gagues to wheel bearings installers. have the spanner nut installers for 1500 and 1300 wheel bearings.
also stated that I have two strut spring compressors here too!
if the forum needs them... I am willing to trust them to return it.
selling stuff here for a little bit and I send stuff before getting payment.
how must trust can you have in a family of fiat owners.
I will download the tool catalog and asterisk all I have for those in need!!

HA...
that's for you tony
ya don't call or write anymore:cry:
mikemo90*aol.com

A TOOL LOAN (Forum?) WOW... that would be great!

Moderators PLEASE note!!!

Need to have another icon up top... or replace the NFC forum (which I have been advocating for years now). HA!

I forgot all about the bearing spanners and the like. Would that include a HEAD PULLER? I haven't heard the term "Kent-Moore" since 1967 when I left Cadillac.

This would be a great addition to this site... and might even FORCE you (Mike Moisa) to get a Paypal account so that shipping charges and/or deposits could be made (and returned) more easily. Then you might be able to afford a CAMERA and post fotos. I may even LOAN you mine to get started!

HAHAHA!

Sorry I haven't kept in touch lately... I have better things to do and more important people to see than to lower myself by interacting with the likes of you! So there!~

TOOLS

why, yes I do have a head removal tool also. and the head bolt spanners.

that's why when asked(seen) on the forum if all studs are better than bolts, I say no!!
nice if you have a funny car and you pull the heads after each 4 second run, but head gaskets are NO fun to do on a sunny day when ya should be driving.

no ha there:hammer:
if your interested tony, I will inventory all I have for you and you can present it to the forum masters for approval.
as I said as long as they come back home....my toolbox is open to all
mikemo90*aol.com
e mail me

another reply

ouch!!!!!
I just re-read your reply and I am heartbroken and sad.
who or what could more important than talking to a broken down, old Italian fart such as I???:bored:
mikemo

HAHAHA... Those last lines and what we assume...

they are gonna say can be killers!

HA!

I'll get in touch with the mods and will be happy to assist with this project.

Back