What have I done now?

toddr124

Hagerstown, MD
How stupid am I? I swore I would ever do this again.

Pictures will follow on Monday:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:.

?

ohnoes2qw.jpg

On the way to my house

This is not going to live in the parking lot at work.

87 Bertone bought from original owner with 55,000 miles. Has been drive less than 500 in the last 10 years. Does not start. Has no brakes or clutch. The paint is shot with the clear coat peeling. No rust holes but plenty of surface rust.

Why did I buy this car?

Did I mention it has a corsa kit in good/fair condition?

Wish I knew...

I was in your neighborhood a couple of days ago. Would have liked to see it. Ah well... :)

Sei pazzo!

TODD!!!!!!!!!

Wussuhmattuhfuhyou?

Silly man, buying another Fiat!

BTW, did I mention I bought another Alfa last month? (That's OK, right, we can have too many Fiats, but not too many Alfas, si?)

Quick... Before its TOO LATE! Sell it to Greg Smith!

HAHAHA...

It does appear to be an unmolested Corsa though... Not my cup o' tea but what a great find. I woulda probably bought it too... and then SOLD IT TO GREG SMITH before it was too late!

You did not stop to say hi?

I was in your neighborhood a couple of days ago. Would have liked to see it. Ah well... :)

You always stop in Hagerstown. It is the center of the universe. Okay it is the intersection of I-81 and I-70 and there is nothing to do here, but I would have bought you lunch.

In the parking lot today is a 128 wagon with no drive train, an 87 X1/9 parts car, my son's 87 X1/9, 2012 Fiat 500 prima, and my Abarth. A normal number of Fiats at my company with 14 employees.

Sorry 'bout that...

My wife and I were spending the week in DC, getting our US Government and historical fix. I've been there dozens of times but never took the time to see the sights. So we took the time this year.
We basically were passing through MD, but wherever I go I always think about meeting up with folks on X-Web.

I might be back there in a week, (work) I'll let you know if that happens and I have some time.

Wow, bad timing...

Last Saturday we were in Williamsburg VA as part of our journey.
We coulda've driven right past it and didn't know it. :mallet:

It STARTS!

Well, last night we got a battery with the $50 off $100 advanced auto coupon (I'm going to start posting when these come up, it's a great deal) and we hooked it up to the new X. To our surprise, it started right up. Then to an even bigger surprise, it drove!

Here's the video. Sorry for the vertical orientation, I am 0 / 2 on videos being filmed correctly to post on here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKCVBcbilWQ

Ha!

I don't really want it though. I like the idea/look of the Corsa kit, but in everyday use it's a PITA.

In downtown Olympia there are many of those deep dip driveways when you pull into a bank or other parking lot from the street. Has to do with handling our rain I guess. With my former '87 Corsa I'd scrape all the time.

With my fairly stock Scorpion, this is happily not an issue. I have scraped my foglights once in Ashland at a fellow enthusiast's place. Otherwise the front and rear valences have lots of clearance.

Back