Kar Show Kissin' Kousins

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Took my X to a local car show last Saturday. Just by sheer coincidence the next available parking spot was, well, er, in "the X1/9 section" of the show.:)

IMG_5509_zpsaf7539e8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_5511_zps4745eb12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My goombah was a 1987 X1/9 (VIN 160xxx) owned by a nice guy named Kelly who, although a longtime X1/9 owner and member of the local FLU/FCA chapter, is not a member here and did not know about XWeb. Of course I extolled the virtues of our merry band here and encouraged him to drop in and check us out.

Kelly's X has about 55,000 miles, is garage kept and well-maintained, looks great and is very much all original, no mods and no molestations. He takes it once or twice a year to Millville, NJ mototsports park and flogs it around the course...probably what keeps the car young! He also likes the car show circuit and has done very well, winning his class several times at the most well-known Philadelphia area car shows, the New Hope Auto Show. http://www.newhopeautoshow.com/html/show.htm

Last edited:
Look at that nice flat bumper trim piece

Wow Dan, I am surprised you didn't snag that off his car while he was polishing a rear fender. ;)

Back