What a car :)

niallj

Daily Driver
I've had my Gran Finale x19 for just shy of 3 weeks. I live in London so most of my driving to date has been city based, which means its not easy to really test the abilities of the X. Anyway I finally managed to get it out of the city and into the countryside of Kent on Saturday. And wow what a drive!! The motorway drive was a bit dull but that all changed once I found some decent twisty country roads. God it's brilliant!! I was amazed at how it just pulled like a train in 3rd gear above 3000rpm. It just revved and revved and kept on going. Just brilliant. And the handling... I knew it could do corners well having tested it on a few roundabouts in the city. But when pushing its just so balanced (as everyone says it is) giving you confidence to just attack every corner. It just ate them up. And the sound as it screamed along is awesome! I was grinning the whole time... still am :woot::excited:

So yeah as I said, what a car :clap:

Glad you like it...

Over here in the US we've started putting in roundabouts and I like to see how fast I can go through them. Other people still think they have to stop for them but the rest of us look ahead and time our entry so we don't even use the brakes if we don't have to. Fun for sure!

A few years ago, I went to Scotland for the Glorious Twelfth flying over the Firth of the Fourth on the eleventh and remember well the twisty mountainous roads, some of which are goat paths. From there I drove to London and had dinner at the Grenadier. Enjoy your X.

Over here in the US we've started putting in roundabouts and I like to see how fast I can go through them. Other people still think they have to stop for them but the rest of us look ahead and time our entry so we don't even use the brakes if we don't have to. Fun for sure!

Yeah you can't beat a good roundabout! There's a mix of kerb ones and painted ones here. The painted ones can be attacked a bit more aggressively without risking ones wheels :wink2:

A few years ago, I went to Scotland for the Glorious Twelfth flying over the Firth of the Fourth on the eleventh and remember well the twisty mountainous roads, some of which are goat paths. From there I drove to London and had dinner at the Grenadier. Enjoy your X.

Thanks! That sounds like you had a good road trip. A Scotland trip would be a good test for the X:)

Just don't ask for directions.

In early 1980 I spent some time for work near Wolverhampton and Lidney on the Bristol coast. When I asked how to get from Wolverhampton to Walshall, I was directed to go to the roundabout and turn left on the dual carriage way. Taking each word individually, it sounded like English, but in total, I was lost. I didn't realize it meant to go to the rotary and turn left on the 2 lane divided highway.

Anyway, after work I had some great times in the local pubs sharing a few pints of bitters with the local residents and talking politics. Great people!!! I think we arrived at a trade of Ronald Reagan for Maggy Thatcher and no draft choices or $$$ included in the trade.

Mike

Hey Niall,

Had two trips to Scotland in the x, only made it all the way once! The x broke down half way with a faulty fuel pump and cracked expansion tank, both at the same time! Luckily had a brother living in Nottingham who came to rescue us and towed me back to his!
Has to be the best place to drive in the uk though.

Cheers

Guy

Back