Pedal box test

Rupunzell

Bernice Loui
Video of the "rig" to test master cylinders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDApSB0BfE0&feature=youtu.be

More detailed images of the rig and rebuild process of the stainless steel sleeved cylinders later.

The sleeved cylinder was rebuilt using new seals and OEM Fiat pistons. Worked out good. They hold pressure fine.

The clutch slave on a spring is a SAAB slave cylinder pulling on a 650 lb/in suspension spring pre-loaded with about 300 pounds. Test psi for the clutch system is just under 600 psi.

Air bleed is a problem even with this rig due to the sharp right angle feed fitting from the brake fluid reservoirs. Trick is to rotate the entire pedal box 90 degree to get the air out. Otherwise, air remains trapped at the sharp right angle bend causing air to be sucked into the system when least expected.

Bernice

Last edited:
Very impressive test rig, Bernice.....!!

.....Video of the "rig" to test master cylinders.......

....wow, would love to have that kinda equipment in my "home" workshop!
Loved seeing those Stahlwille ring/open-ender spanners on the workbench from 1.00 minute onwards! :clap:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Those are my fave spanners. Have then in imperial and metric sizes, light weight, strong, rigid, excellent control and feel. They are extremely durable and look great year after year of hard service.

Benrice

Loved seeing those Stahlwille ring/open-ender spanners on the workbench from 1.00 minute onwards! :clap:

cheers, Ian - NZ

For future ref.

Sometime in the future I may have to revert to that SS sleeve business. I hope to find it.

Back