Hankook tyres available

Hi Mark,

I have used several different Hankook tires, they are quite good.
However, I didn't think that they made a tire in 185/60-13.
Can you post a direct link to a Hankook of that size?
I didn't find one.

I have them!

I am currently using hankooks on the front wheels. 175-60-13.
They last for a long time and they handle really well, at least to me. Obviously, they're street tires so don't expect superb handling. To give you an idea, I've taken a really sharp hairpin turn at about 55 mph without any sort of surprises.

I can take some pictures if you guys would like.

Hi Mark,

I have used several different Hankook tires, they are quite good.
However, I didn't think that they made a tire in 185/60-13.
Can you post a direct link to a Hankook of that size?
I didn't find one.

Highlight the Ventus V2 concept and click on size. They list 185/60-13 as a choice.

I'm running Hankook 185/60 13s on my '88 in Melbourne. Seem like a nice tyre. There's not much choice in that size these days anyway.

Interesting

The US Hankook site shows 195/50-15 as the smallest size for that tire for the US market.

The V2 Concept is not sold in Europe at all.

Generally, I like Hankook.
I have used theiy R-compound in 185/60-13 when it was still available.
I have used their 16" and 17" tires on my other cars. Some 16" snow tires as well.
The summer tires were good, didn't last as long as some others, but that is not important for an X.

Hankook started out as a reasonably priced tire here in Europe, but have since then even won a tire test in a major german car mag against Dunlop, Conti, Pirelli, Brifgestone, etc.
Now their price has almost caught up to the premium brand tires over here.

If they offered a 13" tire in their medium or performance line of tires over here, I would definitely consider it.

Good Tires

They make good, better and great tires.

I currently use the R-S3 Hankook on my Porsche GT3-RS.

Excellent track day tires. About as good as you can get for the money.

Not really for road use. You might get 2K miles out of them..

I would welcome any tire in the 13 range that is NOT a federal brand tire...

NLA

Those are the exact tires I had on my car.
They have been discontinued for a number of years and the replacement tire is not available in small sizes.

P1030632.jpg

I had Hankook tires on my former DD, had almost 80k miles

on them and still had tread left. The price was quite reasonable at Pep Boys with a buy3 get 1 free special.

I haven't checked recently for a 195/45/15 as that is what I currently have in Federal tires. If Hankook can fit an X, I would recommend it for general driving.

Mike

Back