Two-tone paint codes

Here's One

The car's production date is 1-84.

From the two links it looks like this color combination was available for 4 years, 1983 - 1986.

DSCN1324M.jpg
DSCN1326M.jpg
DSCN1325M.jpg
Build date May 1985:

Last edited:
Here are the two codes off of the trunk lid of the rusty 1983 parts car I bought... she is one of the Silver and 'Charcoal' or whatever color people call that dark 'not black' metallic grey lower 1/2.

fiat1983twotone.jpg

Sort of hoping to make a racy little beast out of her one day. She's not a total basket case... but rusty enough I won't feel bad chopping fenders up for flares, etc...

DSC05939.jpg

Thanks for all that supplied the paint code stickers. It seems that the paints PPG (Pittsburgh Paint and Glass) and IVI (Industrie Vernici Italiane, now known as PPG IVI SpA) were the 2 tone era paint suppliers. Some cars just have PPG or IVI stickers and some have a mixture of the two. It looks like the letter F was added to end of the code for IVI paints. It seems that IVI changed the codes or the names to some of the paints making it hard for us to figure things out. For example in post #3 Rosso is code 171 but in post # 4 Rosso became code 886. They might have changed the tone somewhat. Does anyone have a PPG Rosso sticker that can post?

In the pictures I am providing are more changes for the Gold over Brown paint scheme. In the 1st picture, The color is called Gold Metallic or ORO MET with the bottom half of the car called Dark African Sand Metallic but in the second picture (provided to me from another member of this forum) IVI changed the name to Marrone but kept the same paint codes other than adding the F to it. Does anyone have a two tone gold with the IVI stickers for the gold to see if they changed that name?

Code 171 was always Rosso Arancio with the orange/redish paint like the solid car on eBay now.
So those reference websites are just leaving off the Arancio name on 171.

886 is more of a red/red "corsa" and just called Rosso.
mine is like Randy's with the paper IVI Rosso 171.

Arancio sticker from eBay:

Thanks Greg with Rosso update. I have been talking to Scott King a member here (his car is a gold over brown paint scheme on the Petrolicious website) and his car has both IVI stickers. His top color is called SABBIA (where PPG is ORO MET) and his bottom half is called MARRONE (where as PPG calls it Dark African Sand Met). Sabbia translates into sand. I guess you could have sand over Dark African Sand as well. :)

Cool thread...I hope the photos keep coming!
I might have some photos of GREEN METALLIC OVER GREEN 812/818 on my other hard drive...

let's see that one...:D

I have always wondered about the two-tone green. The online piant scheme page shows it being available in 1985 but that color is not an option on any of my U.S.A. brochures for that year or any year. I guess it was a non U.S. car paint option.

Still looking for the two-tone blue paint stickers.

I really like that 1983-84 "jaune /anthracite", lower-beltline color combo; would look stunning with a set of Daytonas. Does anyone know how many of them were produced/imported?

1986 Lt Blue over Dk Blue

1986 Lt Blue over Dk Blue

Paint Brand = IVI
Lt Blue = "Polar Ice Bleu Met. 872/F"
Dk Blue = "Blu Met. 835/F"
(Car build date 6.85) VIN 157161

IMG_5536_zpse2caef15.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ahh the rare two-tone blue! Thanks. I think that covers all the U.S known two-tones. Unless Greg or anyone else has some different or non U.S colors like that two-tone green.

Back