Two-tone paint codes

I saw this car.....

When John Slagel bought her from Chris. He posted a picture of her on the trailer before heading to her new home in Pennsylvania. I kept that photo open in my web browser for months. Little did I know that just a few short months later Mia would be sitting in my garage in Salt Lake City and cutting a swath through the wasatch front on winding mountain roads. She shares this duty with Louis, a silver/charcoal low belt line 83 X. I love both these cars. They have unique personalities and yield a different driving experience. I'm very fortunate to care for two such awesome rides! Loved seeing the picture of Chris in Mia. He did so much to bring her to the state she's in now. Cheers to all.

I am going to be having my '79 gone over to get rid of some rust areas this winter, and I am going to have it repainted. I want to do it like the '83 Bertone two tone scheme like this.
1982-87_Bertone_Fiat_X1-9_01.jpg

I was looking for the paint codes for the silver on charcoal, but unfortunately, the pictures of this scheme from mx5rush in this thread are caught in the Photobucket mess. Does anyone have these codes? I am assuming it is just the normal Fiat silver with the charcoal gray on the lower part.

Also, does anyone have some close up photos of the paint separation detail where it goes across the front and rear so I can give those to my body shop to replicate? A close up of the pinstripe detail would be great, too. Thanks.

I have seen a low waisted yellow / black and a high waisted yellow / grey two tone

Also love the pearl white over grey of Chris Layton's x

IMG_1083.jpg
That's Mia, and she is currently in my possession. I'd post the pics of the paint codes (Blanca on top), but I'll have to run to where I store my cars (not at my house), which could take a couple of days. Also can post the code for argenti (the lighter silver on the two tone cars). You are right about Mia. She is a fantastic daily driver. John Slagel was kind enough to sell her to me a couple years ago. She gets much use here in Salt Lake.

Cheers.
Mike

I am going to do the silver upper with the charcoal lower, so was wondering if the silver is the same as my '79?

Back