Something a little different...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli

Ha... for all you oldster's out there... Especially those that have had "experience" with Flatheads...

Take a good look at the engine and notice the ingenuity at which things are installed and placed. The question is... "What is inherently incorrect?"

Is that a chain drive?

Almost looks like it has chain sprockets on the rear axles????

'Morning Jim... I'm sure it is a chain drive...

and the engine is facing backwards with it's output probably tied to a "standard" transmission and a differential that is possibly flipped over to drive backwards... so the car goes forward... and chained to these two axles in the rear.

BUT, that's all correct and would work. I'm asking what is incorrect knowing a typical Ford Flathead engine.

I don't have any flathead experience

So I can't tell what's incorrect.

I do like the alternator (should it be a generator?) slung low, below the engine.

I'd be a little concerned over the six intake stacks pointed forward at the back of my head. One backfire and ... :excited:

4 exhaust runners per bank instead of the usual 3? Looks like one per side is a dummy based on the soot buildup.

Ted is the WINNER!!! He collects...

TWENTY DOLLARS USD ($20) that Bob Brown owes me, that Mike Busman owes him.

Congratulations! (Ted must be old too...)

Not too old (early 40's), but a high school friend had a relatively clean '51 hardtop that he planned to restore, which was equipped with a flattie. He started by taking a sawzall to the roof, since he wanted a convertible. Then he abandoned the project.

Back then (late 80's), unrestored cars like that were pretty cheap.

Back