Mac's 13x7" custom clover leafs, looking for info

AleX1/9

Has the sickness
I saw these at Greg's Xgathering a couple years ago, and fell in love with them

8B90E4E1-BA8A-4EDA-9C59-A373F80B1F76_zps3ehdj8qn.jpg

Greg had inherited these along with Mac's x1/9 and parts, and I don't really have much more history on them. I was hoping someone here might have known if they were ever used, what tire size he ran, if he had plans for flares.

They are original clover leaf centers welded into 13x7 barrels

19ECFB20-2CEF-4135-8447-EBA59BD09641_zpsbeakqg6t.jpg

F7D4430B-9C2A-4A43-A0AC-3A8751B6841B_zpsg2t0bt0r.jpg

Here's how they line up with the body

112EFA86-A637-4F7D-9C0D-4BB59D35EA88_zpsgkwspnn8.jpg

004600A7-7136-40D5-9521-0FF83C528D5D_zpsclbv3bvd.jpg

I also need help deciding wether to go 205/60 rear and 185/60 fronts on stock rolled fenders or go 225/45 F&R with flares

I'm going to mount a set of 185/60's to see how much clearance there is up front, but I wanted to get you guys' opinions/info

Gee Alex... I wonder if Bob Brown would like these...

I heard ya though, saying you fell in love with them... but they just might be a more appropriately used on the MAC/X "restification" that BB is doing.

He might consider trading you some other wheels... Just a thought for you both anyway.

In any case, I love the "sleeper" aspect of these appearing to be a set of stock '79s... yet they are 2 (2 1/2?) inches wider! Some nice caps, Duplicolor Wheel Paint (Silver?) and some 13 inch beauty rims would be HOT in my old humble opinion! Body color paint would be great as well!

With the 7 inch width either of you could easily make these wheels and these cars look HOT with a 50 series tire... somewhere around a 175/50 up front and a 215/50 in the rear. Rare or unobtainable, but Racing Slicks or other track tires in a similar size from Summit would do the trick... especially for Bob, who would not be driving it much.

(I once ran 175/50s up front with a 5.5" width wheel when they suggested a minimum of 6". I found wear to be no worse and the look was COOL, IMHO.)

Otherwise... I am having TROUBLE finding reasonable (or otherwise) 205/60s for the rear of my car, especially to MATCH 185/60s up front. I like the slightly larger tire in the rear as it can't be detected in the low gears, and saves ya about 300 rpm in 5th... making cruising and longer trips, as well as mileage, much more pleasurable.

This shot is of Ricardo's ride way back when and before he lowered his car a bit. I think these MAY have been 14 inch wheels, but 175/50 up front and 215/50 in the rear.

My car, lowered 2 inches at the tip of the bumper, 175/50s up front, 205/60s in the rear... 13 x 5.5 inch rims.

Hope this gives you some ideas...

Tony

I got the impression Bob wasn't interested in these for MacX, and left them behind. If he did want them, I would be more than happy to donate them to the project. I just want them to be enjoyed, and appreciated for what they are and what they represent.

Our thinking is in line with the trim rings! I want to find some that will eliminate the stepped lip, to give it that clean deep dish look. It might be a challenge considering they are unknown american made barrels.

The only tire I can find currently available in 185/60 and 205/60 is toyo R888. 175/50, 205/50, 215/50, and 255/45 are all a distant memory aside from some race slicks, which are not DOT legal.... :(

I run 7x13 all around

... on 185/60s.
These might just fit on your car w/o messing with the fenders. You may have to roll the lip a little.

Tony's option is also a great one, but you have to get the front of teh car way down for that small tire to look right IMHO.

Greg offered these to me way back

But Mac never had these on the car and I didn't want to modify the original look from what Mac had on his 1975, so I left them behind with Greg. But I'm glad someone is giving these consideration for use. I believe Mac would have been pleased with that.

Great STUFF all around guys... Glad we...

kinda think alike here...

Its also great that it caused all of us to remember Mac a bit... I have been doing so all week... because of Robbin... and also with my "group" at the VA. We have about 40 men attending each week... and apparently our shrink was moved to address the issue of suicide.

We loose something like 22 Vets a day, or 28 Vets a month... even if it was 28 Vets a year... that's too much, especially to suicide. Three men yesterday admitted they had unsuccessfully attempted it, and one tried twice... he's sat next to me for a year now and I never knew.

I better stop as this is getting outta hand.

BUT... like with Mac, this crap is hard to see coming... and if we ever even suspect an inkling... we need to ACT, even if we OVERREACT... its better than sitting here wondering what else we coulda done!

Take care...

My wheels are 6.5 x 13" Tony

I heard ya though, saying you fell in love with them... but they just might be a more appropriately used on the MAC/X "restification" that BB is doing.

He might consider trading you some other wheels... Just a thought for you both anyway.

In any case, I love the "sleeper" aspect of these appearing to be a set of stock '79s... yet they are 2 (2 1/2?) inches wider! Some nice caps, Duplicolor Wheel Paint (Silver?) and some 13 inch beauty rims would be HOT in my old humble opinion! Body color paint would be great as well!

With the 7 inch width either of you could easily make these wheels and these cars look HOT with a 50 series tire... somewhere around a 175/50 up front and a 215/50 in the rear. Rare or unobtainable, but Racing Slicks or other track tires in a similar size from Summit would do the trick... especially for Bob, who would not be driving it much.

(I once ran 175/50s up front with a 5.5" width wheel when they suggested a minimum of 6". I found wear to be no worse and the look was COOL, IMHO.)

Otherwise... I am having TROUBLE finding reasonable (or otherwise) 205/60s for the rear of my car, especially to MATCH 185/60s up front. I like the slightly larger tire in the rear as it can't be detected in the low gears, and saves ya about 300 rpm in 5th... making cruising and longer trips, as well as mileage, much more pleasurable.

This shot is of Ricardo's ride way back when and before he lowered his car a bit. I think these MAY have been 14 inch wheels, but 175/50 up front and 215/50 in the rear.

My car, lowered 2 inches at the tip of the bumper, 175/50s up front, 205/60s in the rear... 13 x 5.5 inch rims.

Hope this gives you some ideas...

Hi Tony,

My wheels are CROMODORA DAYTONA CD87 13x6.5 x 4x98mm

tires are
FRONT 175/50/13
REAR 185/60/13

cromodora9.jpg

cromodora10.jpg

cromodora30.jpg

cromodora8.jpg

cromodora20.jpg

xweb-042.jpg