Official Member Car Picture Thread

Ha haa! :)

Thanks, I'm so pleased with him. Still don't know how on earth I got so lucky - he was such a find, and the colour....it's just mega!! :D

Still, I do love that Lido being restored in Thailand - those chrome bumpers against the black metallic paintwork - wow! That car looks amazing!!! :cool:

I'd love to see one "in the flesh" so to speak - the Lido is definitely my favorite x1/9 styling, after the Special Series that is.
There's just something extra special about those 70s striped seats!! :)

A little work required

Here's my 1984 on its side loads of welding done loads of wiring to sort and bodywork, Punto gt3 powered (eventually)

Last edited:
New Guy

Hello all. I'm new to the Fiat world, and just picked this little guy up on Monday here in Omaha, NE. It's a 1980. Looking forward to being part of the community and learning some new things. :)
X19_zps65b58289.jpg

New to the Site

Just jioned, here is my X. owned it since 92.
I am in line for a K20 from MWB, should start in July/Aug.

Back in Black

Rescued this one from a paddock about 18 months ago. Initially thought it was just an organ donor but once it was home it looked to have some potential. Once the cancer was excised and the appropriate grafts made (including a new windscreen surround/scuttle courtesy of Midwest) it was surprisingly sound and went quite well so I decided to go the whole journey and turn it into a club day car. All those who pursue originality turn away now.

Last edited:
Ugly Duckling/Project Pheonix

Right now she's got a face only a father could love, but I believe she'll grow up into a flashier bird some day:)
1980 FI (w/carb head) 1500cc 5-speed

Ugly_Duckling.jpg

Some slightly older pics

Car_Pic_R.jpg

Car_Pic_F.jpg

Car_Pic_Rear.jpg

Car_Pic_L.jpg

Car_Pic_FLow.jpg

Car_Pic_Snow.jpg

Love it.
Best Car Ever:)

Of course, all your cars are the best car ever too;)
Take care all, and I hope you all have a happy easter!
~~^_^

Thanks, I'm so pleased with him. Still don't know how on earth I got so lucky - he was such a find, and the colour....it's just mega!! :D

Still, I do love that Lido being restored in Thailand - those chrome bumpers against the black metallic paintwork - wow! That car looks amazing!!! :cool:

I'd love to see one "in the flesh" so to speak - the Lido is definitely my favorite x1/9 styling, after the Special Series that is.
There's just something extra special about those 70s striped seats!! :)

Hey OTTO..!!

I'm in Lechlade most weekends...where are you situated? I'd LOVE a chance for a look, as I'm changing my Gran Finale into a 1300 replica

Paul

1985 Bertone X1/9 VS

Heres some pics of my VS. Owned it for about 9 months so far and used it as daily transport as much as possible. Recently removed bumpers and fitted a sohc 1600 with Bosch Motronic injection from a fiat Tempra (90hp) which is great and very economical compared to the carb'ed 1500 .

20140707_181005_zps7dbc01b6.jpg

20140707_180905_zps6212ba1b.jpg

20140701_210440_zps74cb6448.jpg

Work in progress really. Just fitted some induction. Purchased a fibreglass front spoiler to fit (Euro air damn thing). Been experimenting with 'over-riders' Need to tidy/lengthen engine wiring harness, make an adapter plate for the X thermostat and tidy up all the little bits. Hope to eventually fit some lower springs too and have some Alfa 33 Revolution rfx wheels to fit when I get some new tyres.

Up and running

Below are some pictures of my 1987 Bertone X1/9. It has been out of commission for a few years, but I finally have it up and running again. It is the second one that I owned. Bought the first (a 1985) in around 1991 in Ypsi, MI, and bought this one in 1994 in DC.

I have been lurking on this forum, and found it an invaluable source of info. Thanks!

The pics are not high quality, but figured I'd put up what I have.

IMG_2414.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_2416.JPG

IMG_2418.JPG

IMG_2421.JPG

Last edited:
Back