Paging Yves... Need Connector PN

Finally pulled the cluster & dismantled for conversion. Swapped gauge face, opened up cluster recess for the electronic speedo following Yves's photos as a guide. Placed the circuit inside the cluster.

cut the later speedo reset in half - 15mm was the appropriate measured depth to allow the X1/9 reset button to reach the reset lever of the electronic speedo.

drilled out the mount holes & reused the electronic speedo isolater plate & washers. Power & ground taken off the close pins. Have to add a connection for the wire that will feed from the SpeedoHealer.

Hi Hussein,
I can see you fit the PCB inside te cluster, it's more clean.:thumbsup:

For the final calibration with the Speedo Healer you must beginning with the millage dial counter to be sure is almost true, second step will be with try and error ... move the needle dial clockwise or counter clockwise to have the correct speed.

I'm really happy you have done that project ... The real pleasure ... no more cable to replace or hear!

Great Job:clap:

Many Thanks To You, Yves...

... For paving the way & figuring out all the parts & mods. :)

Not having a cable to fart around with when pulling the cluster is a major plus - however my main reason for this is actually because I need a speed signal for when I install Volvo LH2.4 ;)

Today I just cleaned it up, resoldered the motor wires

modified and jb welded the punto motor cap in place (to supply a pickup point for the speed signal connection)

And wired the harness end for the speed sensor

I am busy with something similar but I'm using a stepper motor and an Atmel Microcontroller to control the stepper motor.
I'm also replacing the trip meter 'barrel' with an LCD display to do a trip meter and an odometer, also controlled by the microcontroller.
The reset thingy I also modified a little to activate a pushbutton to swap between trip and odo and to reset the tripmeter.

The mechanical mounting part is done and the concept has been proven to work, I'm still faffing with software.

I suspect the route you guys followed is much easier!

I am busy with something similar but I'm using a stepper motor and an Atmel Microcontroller to control the stepper motor.
I'm also replacing the trip meter 'barrel' with an LCD display to do a trip meter and an odometer, also controlled by the microcontroller.
The reset thingy I also modified a little to activate a pushbutton to swap between trip and odo and to reset the tripmeter.

The mechanical mounting part is done and the concept has been proven to work, I'm still faffing with software.

I suspect the route you guys followed is much easier!

Pics would be cool. But, yeah, your route is way to geeky for me ;)

The mounting of the motor and LCD display isn't pretty, it's basically just bits of hand filed and cut aluminium angles screwed together with M2 and M3 screws.
It does hold the motor and screen in place nicely though and isn't visible behind the speedo face. :dance2:

Will take some pics when I get home this evening :)

Back