Vick's Header and Muffler installed: A little loud

Silencers

I used two of these when the two port Gibson muffler I used was way too loud. No drone and lots of fun sound.

The larger diameter end is designed to fit the ID if your tailpipe. In my case, 1-7/8 for a 2" OD pipe. They get inserted thin side first into the end of the tail pipe all the way to the larger diameter is flush or slightly recessed into the tail pipe. A hole is drilled in the tailpipe to allow the nut & bolt to hold it in place. I then installed a chrome tip to extend the looks. For me, X2

CC insert

was installed today and I couldn't be happier. I used the three ring version installed about 2" after the collector on the Vick's Header. I used a stainless steel kettle cleaner and packed it between two rings.
I can't notice power loss and it still sounds great when I want it to. Took it for a 15 minute drive and the annoying drone is completely gone.

Bringing up older thread. I purchased the cc inserts to install in the Vicks header muffler combination. Where did folks insert the cc piece in the header. How far from the outlet.

Needs to be inserted at the end of the Header before the Muffler obviously. I tried it without any packing but it was still too loud so I ended up putting a Stanley SS Kettle cleaner between one of the sets of rings.
I recently took the Vick's muffler off and removed the insert and installed a stock SS Muffler. Very pleased with this combination.

Back