Fiat XXX

An exciting design...

My only problem is that its essentially a moon roof and not a true Targa.

The fixed roof along the top of the door appears to be a head-knocker but maybe not. I think with just a little more work in this area it would then be XXXceptional!

Another Problem..

The renderings show a lack of a third pedal, like the Alfa.
Major deal breaker for an "entry level" sports car.

Unless carbon fiber manufacturing methods change for the better (as in cheaper), the fact that it's carbon fiber automatically knocks it out of entry-level positioning.

The Alfa 4C is the cheapest carbon fiber car currently available and that's North of $60k.

Aluminum seems to be headed toward "everyday" status as a car material, however, so maybe if it were made from aluminum that could be a nice middle-ground between weight savings and production cost.

As far as the top goes, how about a hybrid between a targa and a convertible? Let the targa part be similar to the X in that it is a lightweight panel that is manually removed and stored forward; the convertible part would be similar to today's folding hardtops, in that only the targa bar/rear sail & window folds or drops away out of sight. That way you could have three modes: full top up, targa top off, or full topless mode.

As far as engine goes, I'd want a better engine than the 1.4 turbo. Maybe something like a slightly detuned version of the 1.7 in the 4C that still lets the 4C have more performance to maintain the brand hierarchy.

The first thing that caught my attention...

The first thing that caught my attention is how the side view mirror blocks the 3/4 forward vision. Seems like that mirror should be lowered. Overall kind of cool though.

Welp, Jeff is right again. I did observe one thing...

maybe two things about me.

1. My comments appear to remain fairly consistent.

2. Thank God I'm old and forgetful so I have an excuse for not remembering this was posted way back last year in November.

HA!

Back