Video series working on my x1/9

You are quite the videographer. Looking forward to more. One question: Where did you get the poly inserts for the dog bone (engine torque strut)? I like that. It looks like it slips in without trimming the lip off the side.

I've got links to everything I used/bought at the end of each video and in the video description, but here's the link to the poly bushes I used
http://www.superpro.com.au/find/sup...2-1985-/productnr-SPF0021K/cid-999500830/vid-

I basically went through every bush on the superpro website until I found one that was close... And i was lucky as the one I found and used in the video was within 1-2mm of the original dog bone bush in every dimension! Super lucky. Also just happens to be made for a Fiat 132 :p

Yeah fits right in with no modification the pin goes in easy too, I just filled the bush with a bit of polyurethane adhesive as it moved around very very slightly and I wanted it to be a bit more solid.
I thought this mod was great, will last a lot longer than the rubber bushes!

Oh and the gearbox originally came out to get 3rd and reverse fixed up, ended up needing a lot more work but when I put it back into the car it got stuck in gear. Turns out the selector rod got jammed inside the gearbox as it was extremely worn out so got it replaced, but now I have no reverse gear (we suspect it may have be installed incorrectly) so that will be getting fixed in a couple weeks...

There's always something!

If I'm not mistaken...

...that was Peter Bartold working on your gearbox.

Another great video!!!

Cheers,

Rob

This! Is! So! Rad!

These videos make me want to go back and do my whole project over again!

I especially loved the part where the coolant leak decided to piss all over the floor. Reminds me of the all the times I had to remove and reinstall my engine when there was a leak I just couldn't seem to find to stop!

Great video! Beautiful car!

Excellent vid, mate!!!

Wow, I wish I could work that quickly on my X!!
How come it always takes me hours to get ANY job done on my X!!
Must be because I'm just slowin' down a bit (NOT gettin' older :cry:)

cheers, Ian - NZ

Trust me, while I made it all look easy in the video there was a lot of swearing and LOT of hours involved. The videos just show the bigger more glamorous jobs being done, and don't show all the threads we had to retap, bolts that were the wrong size or broken, and the struggles of getting everything back in place! And so far it's only been easy jobs, haven't started on suspension or engine modifications yet. So I guess more interesting videos to come in the future

I think I added it up just from my first couple videos there was 20,000 photos (from time lapses) and 20 hours of video if not more. It'd be at least double that now, but through the power of editing you can make anything look easy :)

I don't envy you for all the trouble you are having...

I think I have done every damn thing you have but over a period of 30 years and not 30 days.

That boy of yours and the Lab are a KICK. I literally laughed out loud!

Keep up the good work and never, ever, ever, ever, ever... give up!

Great series

Awesome work there. Both the car and the video work. I am getting inspired to try the same on my Scorpion/Montecarlo restomod. That little boy is hilarious too. Waiting on part 5!

They are really great and very enjoyable. We really appreciate you taking the time to make them.

Great videos! And excellent work on your car. Also, I see you've added a little helper too. I have a couple of those as well but they generally end up fighting who will get to help dad.

Part 5 is out (including sneak peak at Autobella car show!)

Here's the latest 'episode' on my x1/9 including a sneak peak into the autobella car show vid coming in the next couple of weeks, watch this space it's going to be a good one

https://youtu.be/p-nfOVXiK74

Hey,

Check out the latest episode in the RevTek series, installing wiper relays (and showing before and after results) and a nifty little hidden kill switch installation!

ep6.jpg

If you enjoy the video subscribe to the youtube channel so you dont miss out on many more videos coming soon, and help out the channel by liking the video if you like it and leave a comment if there's anything you want to know!

https://youtu.be/--v13TUV5Ac

This is the first fiat episode where I use a brand new 4k camera, I am trying to make the videos better each time.
If there is much interest in this one I may show what I did to install the hidden kill switch :headbang:

Thanks everyone for your interest in my project and videos!

I'll be updating the following thread from now on with new videos when they're released, so click the link below to post any questions or remarks :)

https://xwebforums.com/forum/index....at-x1-9-more-classic-cars-video-series.36177/

It would also be really appreciated if you like my Facebook page and subscribe to the YouTube channel, it is also the best way to keep up to date with what's going on! I am now putting more effort into this project of mine, with new cars joining the scene (fiat 131 Abarth, Lancia 037 etc)

www.facebook.com/revtek
www.youtube.com/revtek

Cheers
Dom at RevTek

Back