Komar 1800cc Dyno results

abarth2litre

1800CC SOHC X1/9
We used a Dyno near Auto Turismo, Pettit Racing Engine's in New Milford Ct When I first walked In Mike Pettit's shop this is what I saw.
A wall full of picture with cars in the winners circle. All of them were signed by the driver thanking Mike for his work. While Mike has done mostly V-8's he has worked on 4 cly. Webber carbed engine's. The sheet is the result of the best test and Mike prefers read outs with numbers over graphs. We switched from NGK plugs that Komar had installed to Denso IK 20's and we picked up 4 HP with the Denso's. While the HP #'s are not eye popping the full range of HP coupled with the huge torque # have me very happy. As I said in the prior post the torque # has forced us to not use the clutch that came with the engine which is good up to at least 135 ft.lbs. but to have a custom clutch made. For those high HP 1300's I will be listing the clutch package for sale soon.

0226011430.jpg
Dyno20results200011.jpg

Dyno Vids redeux

For those who might have missed the vid posting I am re posting them here (like I intended to:mad2:) + a vid mess from Mike Pettit to the builder David Komar

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYV3qrIhcPY"]YouTube - Fiat x1/9 1800cc Dyno[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCiQCpg0nyo"]YouTube - Fiat X1/9 1800cc Dyno2[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpbjTEHIu-8"]YouTube - Mike Pettit Racing Fait X1/9 dyno[/ame]

GEDC0136.jpg

looks like there is not much point revving past 6000
a more aggressive cam will get some more top end power

chris
Oakland, Ca

No kidding

No complaints from me. Those numbers look great. It should make for quite the entertaining power plant with all of that torque.

Shift points and more HP =

Less torque. Komar reco's larger choke tubes if I want more hp
I think we now have 32's.
Bernice reco's 6,700 RPM shift point

Sounds great

Hi,

For most x-heads, it is very unusual to go about building a hi-po X by using good research and a checkbook.
I think you have done very well.
You seemed to have picked a competent partner, which is no small task considering it is someone in a different part of the world who doesn't have a name here. You took a considerable risk and it paid off.
Kudos for strapping that motor straight on a dyno. The results speak for themselves. I don't consider your numbers low at all. An 1800 that has to breathe through carbs, intake, ports, valves and manifold that were designed for much smaller displacement (a highly modified 1500 would use the same parts) is not expected to return 190hp at 9000rpm. A motor like that should convince with a wide powerband and lots of low/midrange power.

I am looking forward to hearing how it runs. I hope you will post some in-car footage.

It is great to see that for some people, it is possible to put the cost aspect aside and just focus on the result. Go after the dream of the perfect X motor, regardless of cost.
If I had 30k to spend on my X, I would know what to do, but I would still ask myself, wouldn't it be smarter to spend my money on a supercharged Elise or a Porsche Cayman instead? Or a 308GT4? A Stratos replica with an Alfa V6?
For that reason, I really appreciate seeing someone realize their dream of making an old car into something it could have been.

thanks but Italian only

No Lotus Corrola for me. Italian only. And aftrer going to many shows and seeing the lines of 308's 328's 348's and yes 355's with thier owners all in thier Ferrai jackets waxing their cars? no thanks. For those who have not seen the prior 1500, this is what was in our X before.
GEDC0001.jpg
I prefer the crowds of real enthusiasts around my twin weber X 1/9. As we walked away with trophy after trophy ( as those Ferrari owners looked on in shock). Nah I am perfectly comfy with my X. I believe (and we will see) that anybody who buys a rust free x now will double if not triple their money in 3 to 5 years. I am very glad so many like our project.:)

Back