New Pistons, for new engine project

Status
Not open for further replies.

abarth2litre

1800CC SOHC X1/9
Since I'm up late. I'd like to share with xweb, pistons that were just delivered to Komar Competition, for our new complete X engine. Putting these out for those who like seeing new designs for exciting new X19 engines. Whoever are interested more information will be forthcoming.

new_pistons2.jpg

new_pistons1.jpg

Those look pretty cool

What do they weigh? What bore and stroke? What static compression ratio are you aiming for, and with those big valve cutouts will it be an interference engine?

Thanks Eric

Yes we are very happy with the builder, Komar's choice
bore is 87mm
stroke I will let you guys know when the crank is finished being made
weight? I don't know
Comp ratio will be 10.8:1
Sorry but I am not familiar with interference engine?
there will be more info as it becomes available
for those who are interested

Manufacturer

Who is the manufacturer, what is the part number, and do you know the piston pin height below the crown and the weight.
Dave

no

I will try and find out the weight
but the other info not available
sorry
you would have to buy them from Komar Competition
stay tuned

Very Nice!

I have enjoyed your posts. Please keep them coming.

Also, do you have a website address for Komar Competition?

Thanks

Eric

"Interference engine"

Sorry but I am not familiar with interference engine?

Pistons hit the valves if the timing belt breaks or skips.
Stock 1300 is an interference engine (except for some late '78 models), stock 1500 is non-interference.

WOW really!?

after last night I thought maybe I am too much for "some people"
I didn't sleep well but I call it as I see it.
OK Thanks again for the support I needed it
Ok David Komar: He is one the most honest people I have come across in my long lifetime, but he keeps his work and research to himself. so tell him what you are looking for and he will give you options but don't try and pick his brain on his extensive research or he won't respond. you can find him on ebay and I need to get ok from him to post email address
I have been discussing this project with David Komar for many months and the broken valve (and a little luck in the market) moved it forward. I will be continually posting the info as is occurs, For those who have no interest please do not read my posts. For those who do, I sincerly hope you enjoy. because I try.

OK

I asked David and he said maybe but he would work on it thats all I got now
one more thing to this question I belive he will be using 40mm valves

Last edited:
OK my very bright son

just informed that I should make it clear that all parts and assembly is being done in Slovenia. The fully assembled engine will be shipped to Auto Turismo for install into the X. Stevie from ATS has been involved in this project as has been a little angel on my shoulder. (and you know who you are)

after last night I thought maybe I am too much for "some people"
I didn't sleep well but I call it as I see it.

I'm not really surprised, but you are yet again misunderstanding the actual situation here. You are not too much for "some people" on here, there are no members of this forum that will back you up if you are hostile and abrasive towards others on here. What you are seeing is the extreme good nature of people on this forum, and everyone is still giving you a chance, and will (for better or worse) continue to give you a chance.

piston material

Those pistons don't look like aluminum. Silcon carbide?
Ron, I grew up in White Plains and had some good friends in Tuckahoe. Say hi to everyone in New York for me.

Regards,
Tim

Locked the posts.

Sorry folks, it seems to be getting out of hand a bit.

Remember what makes this forum so successful is tolerance.

Thank you.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back