'74 Restoration

Mark

FIATFREAK
A little peak at my current restoration project:

All finished except the interior. 36,000 mile, rust free car that had been sitting since 1979.

Last edited:
VERY nice!!

it's great to see.

For a long time I was thinking I was alone in loving this little car.

It is great to see others have such passion for them as well.

74 Restoration

Mark,

That is just freakin' AWESOME!!!!

How much of that did you do yourself? Based on how clean the headlight pods appear, it looks to be a full rotisserie job. Did you media blast?

Details! I need details!

Ed

Extremely well done

Really beautiful, sort of makes me envy... wishing I was 20 years younger.

I am in awe

That is seriously nice.

Two questions:
Which bumpers did you use? No rubber pads - are they from a Euro?

Where did the red timing belt cover from? It makes for a very tasteful delete of the smog pump.

Stunning!

Awesome detail in the trunks.
Beautiful.
And you even painted the area around the frunk lock black as per original.

Great work!

As they say north of us trolls under the bridge

Holy Waaah!

Lovely work by someone with a long history of doing amazing work on his cars.

Please feel free to share some MOAR images and details! :)

101120-haz-moar.jpg

I do it all myself, body, paint, interior, engine, mechanical. I discovered a long time ago that no one else will take the time to do it right. After all, it's just a cheap Fiat. I say that tongue in cheek.

No rotisserie or media blast. This is a 100% rust free California car, better than any I've seen in that regard. The wheel wells even look like new.

Mark,

That is just freakin' AWESOME!!!!

How much of that did you do yourself? Based on how clean the headlight pods appear, it looks to be a full rotisserie job. Did you media blast?

Details! I need details!

Ed

The bumpers are modified European bumpers. See thread here:

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/21044/

The timing cover is from a Yugo, but the later model X1/9s can be made to work also.

That is seriously nice.

Two questions:
Which bumpers did you use? No rubber pads - are they from a Euro?

Where did the red timing belt cover from? It makes for a very tasteful delete of the smog pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hoses are routed the same as stock, just hard to see because they are black EPDM from McMaster Carr. BTW, thanks again for the reservoir cap!

Wow, that reservoir conversion looks right at home! Wish I'd had an Italian-text cap for you... :italia:

Did you re-route the fluid hoses into the car under the passenger-side of the dash?

Back