Federal 185/60-13 tire

Coupefan

True Classic
Well, they're here. At first glance, the thread appearance has a very all season look to it. I should have them mounted up in the next few days, after I refinish the wheels. I'll let you guys know how they work.

tire.jpg

Sumitoma ,,,185-60-13

I baught 4 last fall and am beginning to think I got the last ones ( tire rack) I perhaps should have gotten a spare however, in case I total one.:sad:

yes, and it gets interesting...

Yes, it's a Formoza FD1. And it gets better...surely a preview of my future luck. The left rear (old) Sumitomo self-destructed on me last night. Luckily, it was low speed incident, so no theatrics or damage. I had no choice but to mount one of the Federals temporarily. It seems to be quiet. I'll have the rest on by Sunday.

Jim,
For the Federal Tire at Tire-easy.com they sale 54.30 + 25.07 shipping at Quebec province, it's not so bad.

Around $300 + Quebec taxe and GST for a set of 4.
I'm thinking :wacko: ... I wil wait to have comments from Coupefan.

Yes but ,,,

If you proceed to checkout they then add on handling $33.00 + levi $4.50 + Tax $16.35 Total $ 141.94 for one tire. (Shipping) is a bit more for me. I think the " handling" is the same for 1 or four tires. Many sites do this. Tire Rack had the total price for everything and no extra when they get to the door. Those Federals would be fine for me as a street tire.

Preliminary report only

Ok, all tires are on. Side note: either my wheels are warping in their old age, or the Federals are not quite molded to exacting tolerances. Two of my wheels now carry twice the wheel weight mass compared to the old Sumis. At least they're mounted on the inside of the wheel and I can't see them.

The ride: I've got that new tire car ride again, more compliant and less noise. The roads have dried up from the rain we got overnight, so I didn't get a chance to do any spirited wet weather driving. The big test will come on Monday. For the locals out there, I take Grimes Canyon Road to work in the morning. I like to think of it as my private road course to work. We'll see how they perform...

Ah, Grimes Canyon Rd. I remember driving my X on that road at 1:00 am back in the late Eighties when I lived in 1000 Oaks. What an awesome road!

Just ordered some Falken ZIEX ZE-912 from tire-easy.com. At 66 bucks a tire plus 32 bucks shipping it seemed reasonable. I hope I make the right choice!:confused:

That is not fair!

Just ordered some Falken ZIEX ZE-912 from tire-easy.com. At 66 bucks a tire plus 32 bucks shipping it seemed reasonable. I hope I make the right choice!:confused:

I bought those tires from the UK about 2 years ago. I have run them in the X1/9 and they do very good. Much better than the Sumos I have on the Spider. The unfair part is I had to pay $60 shipping each.

This might be a savior for 185/60-13 tires.:excited:

They are gone!

This might be a savior for 185/60-13 tires.:excited:

Looks like we all hopped on this...They had 30 total Falkens and sold out....plenty of Nexens.

Mine arrived today & I find it odd the Falkens are made in Thailand and not Japan like I thought....always heard bad things about the poor quality of rubber material in TH...time to test them out :guitar:

Lucky me

I just this minute found a set of four brand new Falken ZE-912 185/60/13 on Ebay with a BIN od $67.50 each + shipping. I snapped them up. It was a little more than the tire-easy deal, but I missed out on that by dragging my feet.

I was just about to order 8-12 from Demon Tweeks in the UK. Now I will have a chance to see what I think of them before committing to more than one set.

Unlucky me.

Just got an email from the Ebay seller. They made a mistake and the Falkens were actually 185/60/14's, but they can send me the Nexens at the same price. :mad2:

I declined and told them to refund my money. Hopefully it will be just that easy.

I just this minute found a set of four brand new Falken ZE-912 185/60/13 on Ebay with a BIN od $67.50 each + shipping. I snapped them up. It was a little more than the tire-easy deal, but I missed out on that by dragging my feet.

I was just about to order 8-12 from Demon Tweeks in the UK. Now I will have a chance to see what I think of them before committing to more than one set.

I wonder if we could contact Falken directly for a group buy. There are other classics that take that size I believe that MG and Triumph use them as well. I will do some lurking around on other forums. If we could organize a container we may save some $.

Back