Al Cosentino has passed (11/5/2012)

Kevin B (Asheville NC)

Administrator
At this time, I must sadly announce that on Friday, November 2nd, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Alfred passed away and is now with the Lord.

As you know, Alfred was a supreme competitor, a fighter, he took on the "Giant's" in his businesses without fear. He also took on his illness in the same way for more than 5 years. Alfred seemed to be content in his situation, never a complaint, often smiling up to his last breath.

I wish personally thank you for your concerns, your long time friendship and interests in many of the things that Alfred was also interested in. He will be missed, I hope all of your fond memories of Alfred will remain in your heart, as it will be in mine.

Thank you for your kindness and consideration, at this time we have not scheduled a public Service, after a while when we finally deal with our loss, we may consider one, in the future, I hope to advise you further.

Sincerely,

Fumiko Cosentino

:(

I'm sorry to hear, we were pretty good friends for a few years when I lived in 1000 Oaks. Watched after his house once when he and Fumiko were out of town on business.

Sorry to hear of his passing. He gave me a tour once of the parts he had stored. It was pretty amazing, the amount of cool things he had.

I am deeply saddened to hear of Al´s passing. His giant FAZA book was an inspiration to me. I wrote him once, and recieved a prompt reply in his handwritting. A One Man Army, indeed.

RIP......... I wonder does anyone know how old he was? And who has that cool video of him and the 037?

Rest In Peace, Al

Anyone who has tried to squeeze a little extra performance out their Fiat owes Al a debt of graditude.

His spirit will live on in this forum

I first met Al Cosentino in 1978 when I lived in Florida and he had his shop in Daytona Beach. One of the most knowledgeable Fiat and Abarth guys around. RIP Al, you will be missed.

My depest respect and sympathy goes out for Al Cosentino and his family. He is certainly a legend and was a talented and colourful man.
R.I.P

Dealed with him on the phone many times.He Always asked back about my then baby daughter.Plus he used to always sent courtesy abarth/fiat related decals and literature.Great guy and one of the greatest Abarth historian.RIP and Godspeed for Al!!!!

Kevin, Hopefully you can pass on our condolances...

to Fumiko and his family.

I think there are many of us that have enjoyed "knowing" Al from afar as well as admiring his skills as a driver and innovator... and especially as a CHAMPION for the little guy.

I'm sure many of us would feel privileged to attend any services to honor and celebrate his life... and would appreciate knowing when and where.

May he rest in peace... but I have a feeling he'll be stirring up "trouble" wherever he is...

Back