Another custom exhaust

MarkF

Administrator
Staff member
Finally completed and installed. My IAP header at long last has a more suitable exhaust system attached to it. The packaging was a little challenging since I wanted dual outlets, a longer segment of pipe beyond the collector, it needed to fit without body mods and be well supported.

The hardest piece to locate was the tight radius 180 right where it connects to the collector. That piece is stainless, since that was all I could locate. Sounds good, even a little quieter than expected. Uses the stock mounting points too! Can't offer an opinion yet on power gains since I ran it only once briefly before the weather turned snowy again, and I still need to tweak MegaSquirt some more.

DSC_0050w.jpg

more photos at:
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/x19mark/X Exhaust/

Last edited:
What I want to know is...

When will they be ready to ship and at what price? Options? Resonator tips? And the big question: will it work with A/C? :hmm2:

Which Mark???

Plaia or Allison?

Plaia's oughtta work wih anything... just need to notch the skirt to clear the second tailpipe. Its a "cat-delete" model though... might need to modify or check with the local DMV.

I don't know about Allisons... but write him for a direct answer.

It is...

Finest quality rattle-can paint. Krylon high-heat aluminum if I recall correctly :) After paying a top-notch weldor to TIG over my tack-welds, I had to save a few $. My IAP header is ceramic coated though - some 7 years later it still looks great.

Tony, Tony, Tony....

You are getting senile, buddy.....
That was posted up by our esteemed moderator Mark Freeman.

But, I have been known to crank out an exhaust system on occasion.

Ciao,

Mark, Mark and more Marks...

Getting almost as bad as Medium Metallic Blue X1/9s and all the Bobs we got running around here! HA!

Back