Checking Interest for aluminum X radiators.

Excellent news Bob

I think what you really need is for your wife to bear with you at this point in time. At least we know you will be shipping expediently to clear the dining room. ;)

A suggestion for all you Radiator-heads...

that bought radiators from Bob G... I will strongly suggest that you buy insurance when you have your radiator shipped.
It'll likely be around 5 -10 dollars to do it, (in the US) and if you live in New England, the UPS boyz can be a little rough
with handling packages. I think it should be mandatory IMHO.

Bob Grasch, a BIG THANK YOU for your efforts here. :clap:

"Better Half" Fund

I think everyone who ordered a radiator from Bob should add $3 to their balance due and designate it for the "Mrs. Grasch" fund.

Once Bob collects the money, he can use the fund to take his wife out to a nice dinner as our way of saying "Thank You" for her patience and understanding for Bob converting the dining room to The Radiator Warehouse:lol::thumbsup::clap: in order to help out his X1/9 buddies (us).

Oh man!

Now I wish I had ordered one!!! They look sensational. :worship:

Here some pictures of the radiator and shroud and modern fan.

DSCN5399_zps9158f436.jpg

She has dealt with worse.....

I had planned to do this at my shop. Although it's a little full these days. With the below zero temps we are experiencing, my heaters just can't keep up. Plus I have a 4 foot snow drift in front of the door. After 25+ years of me I don't think she even notices this stuff anymore.:mallet:

Ya know Bob... it's often said here...

"Pictures, or it didn't happen"... HA!

You have silenced this audience!

Great work, great photos, great product, great wife and family!

Radiator Shipping Progress

As of this morning the first 18 radiators shipped. Only 92 to go. All invoicing includes insurance so If the radiators arrive with any damage please let me know. I have also asked everyone who is Paying through PayPal to send as a gift if possible. It was brought to my attention that it's only free if you have a bank account attached or a PayPal balance. Since I always have a balance I wasn't aware. I took a substantial hit with the deposits. Equivalent to about 5 radiators. I was trying to avoid the even bigger hit with the balances which would be a much higher number. I guess when setting the initial prices I should have assumed most people would use PayPal. Thanks to everyone who is sending this way. I hope to have all invoicing sent out by Monday. Thanks for the support!!!!!!!

Some things to be aware of on Installation.....

There are a few items you need to transfer from your old unit before installation. You will need the original bleed valve, Rubber gasket for the top mount, and the thermo-switch. These bleed valve and the thermo-switch currently have a plug that will need to be removed. They are there to prevent anything from getting into the radiator. Below a few pictures of the items:

DSCN5401_zpsaea3922f.jpg

You will also need the mounting bar and hardware from your old radiator to install into the car.

Anyone who bought the new fan and shroud kit here are a few things to look for. If you bought one shroud it will be already installed on the radiator. Beware the nuts are only finger tight. All fans will have to be shipped separately. All fans include the mounting hardware and an SAE plug for connecting to existing wiring. This plug is the same configuration as used on most later models, but early cars may need modification. Be sure to wire the fan for correct rotation counter clockwise. The connector was just thrown in as an option.

When mounting the modern fan to the shrouds be sure to put the nuts on the outside of the fan. Bolts that face inward toward the radiators could cause damage. Here are a few pictures:

DSCN5404_zps53857a13.jpg

DSCN5405_zps9c8609c6.jpg

DSCN5406_zps8c84d76c.jpg

As always if you have any questions please ask. Thanks!!!

Since Bob is into aluminum...

...now that the rads and fans are here and shipping....

What's your next project?:devil: :D

Here is your next project Bob:

The car body, not the girls. Your wife may be patient, but there is a limit. Trust me, you do not want to find it. :)

The Eagle has landed

On my doorstep today. Two shiny radiators. The shipping box had a quarter sized hole that went through to the white cardboard box inside. I opened the white box and all is well inside. Rad looks just fine. I think it is a case where the top center lug on the rad that fits to the body created the hole in the boxes. Probably from the USPS "gently" piling other packages on top of my box. :)

Back