Something quite different (prepare your angry emojis)

subasurf

Daily Driver
Here's the final fate of the West Australian x19 that has been one of the example cars on the x19 wikipedia page.
Don't blame me, I didn't do it.

Before:
1712489438952.png

Now....bolted onto a Suzuki Sierra chassis to become a dunebuggy/offroader:
1712489298530.jpg

For a bit of clarity, this wasn't done by me, I just saw the car on the weekend as I purchased the 1300 4spd engine and box combo. This car had actually fallen into a very sorry state due to rust years and years ago. I purchased it in similar condition to what you see now with the intention of a restoration. Unfortunately the guy I bought it off had done an absolutely horrendous job at rust repair to the point that the car wasn't really savable...at least not from a rational perspective. They had cut out some metal and poorly welded in bits of crap, and the welded plate over rust instead of doing anything correctly. The structural parts of the car were bad. They had also cut the vin number out during the "repairs" and it was no longer with the car meaning it had very little chance of achieving registration again (although I do actually have the original number plates from the wikipedia photo on my wall).

Upon realising what a lost cause the car was I sold it on; it changed hands several times (including ownership by another member here) and then ended up with the current owner who's probably doing the only viable thing with it 😆 Although to be fair, I would have liked to have cut the rear fenders off it for my other cars.

Anyway, thought it might be of interest. It's certainly different!

It happens:
4xx3hm.JPG850_dune_buggy.jpgba3c_12-L.JPGffbarch1.JPGffbarch2.JPG

I think those last two pictures "might" be Photoshopped. :)

Back