Scorpion seats - am I missing a piece?

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
Getting the seats ready to go in the 037 project. They are upholstered to mimic the Stradale seats. Came out pretty good I think.

IMG_3959.JPG

The seat back actually screws to the plastic seat shell. The seat bottoms are more of a mystery. There are two prongs at the back of the upholstered part that poke through the seat shell to retain the back. Then these metal loops go through a couple slots in the seat shell.

IMG_3960.JPG

But that doesn't secure the seat bottom. On the bottom of the shell, in between the slots/loops, there is a post of some kind that looks like it might hold some type of retainer.

IMG_3961.JPG

Does that post interact with the slots/loops, maybe via a piece of spring steel, to hold the loops down or something?

If not, what is keeping your seat bottom from being pulled up?

Thanks!

I think there are some rubber retaining blocks that go there. I'll look and see what I have.

These are the bits that you need, they are made of rubber. I think there's a loop or something on the bottom seat cushion that hooks into the divot on these retainers, which are positioned beyond the slots in the seat bottom. When I removed them from my seats, I thought that most cars must have these missing, given how easily they could be lost.

IMG_3916.jpg
IMG_3917.jpg

Great, thanks for the photos. I can replicate those fairly easily out of some rubber blocks, that gives me something to go on.

Back