New tires - recommendations

Steve - you hit on the big challenge. It is a moving feast. And for a newbie like me, it is a wide open field.

I'm glad to build off the experience of others - like you, I weigh that with my own experiences too. Hopefully this brings me as close as possible to a good decision (like using tubes with these wheels)

Since JKIDD shared his actual experience with the Achilles, I value that. The experiences we share build the community.
I have the Achilles 122s and I'm "very happy" with them. I'm just bummed because I can't get them in 185/60/13 anymore.

Interesting.

Wednesday Wally World had these for $48 each. Today they are $80 each. 😲 Ugh. Found them at an alternative retailer for $45 each plus $5 "handling". Got them ordered $265 to my doorstep for five of them. Plus 6 tubes for $66. I wanted to do Michelin tubes, and Longstone has them for $15 each, but $75 to ship. Really?? Other vendors were $25 and up.

Not counting my tires until they hatch, but hopefully in a week or so I'll have all I need.

I hate when someone doesn't close out their thread. I am that guy.

Here are promised pictures of the final tire and wheel work.

1710434843481.png

1710434864405.png

They look reasonably appropriate and have held air for about a month now!

I figure about $400 for the whole set - mounted and balanced, disposal of old, paint for the wheels, etc. Maybe I'm getting old but I'm liking steel wheels more and more.

I hate when someone doesn't close out their thread. I am that guy.

Here are promised pictures of the final tire and wheel work.

View attachment 82564

View attachment 82565

They look reasonably appropriate and have held air for about a month now!

I figure about $400 for the whole set - mounted and balanced, disposal of old, paint for the wheels, etc. Maybe I'm getting old but I'm liking steel wheels more and more.
Please make sure you come back with a reveiw once you get some miles on them I've been happy so far. I think a lot of people are skeptical about these based on price & brand. The more input we get the more people can make an educated decision.

Back